Adblock detected by website

Everything about using the stand-alone Adblock Plus app on Android
yydelilah

Adblock detected by website

Post by yydelilah »

I recently installed the latest Adblock add-on to Firefox running on my new android Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 tablet.
It works fine for most websites, but somehow one website has detected Adblock on my tablet and blocked access unless I disable Adblock!
The website is 'www.telegraph.co.uk'
I uninstalled Adblock, installed another and now everything is OK!
mapx

Re: Adblock detected by website

Post by mapx »

you are talking about the addon on firefox not about ABP addon for android, right ?
mapx

Post by mapx »

anyway, I can't reproduce the "detection" on firefox + ABP + desktop
adamsp70

Post by adamsp70 »

Adblock on Chrome on OSX - appears after a few seconds, can't see or use the site after that.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/udswcll7jj3x2 ... 7.png?dl=0
srisasoft

Post by srisasoft »

I recently installed the latest Adblock add-on to Firefox running on my new android Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 tablet.
It works fine for most websites, but somehow one website has detected Adblock on my tablet and blocked access unless I disable Adblock!

when a website I need to use tells me that I have to disable Adblock Plus, I just disable it and enable it after I finish. I don't really want to spend time and resources to find a way around it. So you can assume that the vast majority of your users won't bother. They will be annoyed that you're forcing them to disable it, but they'll either leave your website or just disable AdBlock Plus.