ABP IE11 jQuery 1.7.2 Impact

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Internet Explorer
aarbor989

ABP IE11 jQuery 1.7.2 Impact

Post by aarbor989 »

Hello,
In ABP+ for IE 11, it appears the extension interferes with the clone() method of jQuery 1.7.2 . Found this during testing of one of our software releases where I was getting an exception for every jquery clone() call and no one else on the team was. After I uninstalled ABP+, the issue went away.

Thanks
mapx

Re: ABP IE11 jQuery 1.7.2 Impact

Post by mapx »

if you can provide the details (ABP version, filter lists, site, page, steps to reproduce the issue) perhaps some dev could look at it
Did you try whitelisting the site ?
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

Is it specifically jQuery 1.7.2, or does this occur with later versions (possibly with the jQuery Migrate plugin added in)?
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
aarbor989

Post by aarbor989 »

I only tried with jQuery 1.7.2 since changing versions would require a regression test on our entire application. We do not have the migrate plugin installed. The version I had installed was ABP+ 1.4, the website was an internal website to my company that cannot be accessed from the outside internet, however, it appeared any call to the .clone() function threw an IE JS "Unspecified Error" exception (SCRIPT16389). Sample code which caused it:

Code: Select all

if($('#inputId').val()!=""){
	var thisRow = $('#tableId tbody tr').first();
	var cloneRow = thisRow.clone();
//exception thrown at above line, every time
I re-installed ABP+ now and added our domain to the white-list and this did stop the error from appearing. However...I think this poses a bigger problem since this must be a pretty widely used function across applications.

Also - another thing to note, this happened with enterprise mode enabled. When enterprise mode was disabled, the issue did not appear.
mapx

Post by mapx »

you could file an issue on the bug tracker
https://issues.adblockplus.org