Keyboard doesn't pop-up

Everything about using Adblock Browser on Android
mrbill3

Keyboard doesn't pop-up

Post by mrbill3 »

I just updated my T-Mobile LG G4 to Android 6.0 and now when I go to any website that requires input,, the keyboard won't pop-up. The keyboard does work fine in the address bar though. For example if I go to Google and want to search something I can't because there's no way to type in the search box. Please advise.

Thanks!
rach

Re: Keyboard doesn't pop-up

Post by rach »

Hey mrbill3!

Thanks for reaching out to us.
We are aware of this issue with the keyboard. It doesn't have to do with your device, but with the old FF version that Adblock Browser is based on.
We plan on having the update soon and hopefully the issue will no longer exist.

Let us know in case you have any other question.
noadsplease

Post by noadsplease »

Nice. I came here to report this.

A WORKAROUND in the meantime is to minimize the browser, click say... the Google search bar on your desktop to pop the keyboard, then re-open the browser and the keyboard works fine.
goldendave

Post by goldendave »

I've just updated my xperia z5 premium and z4 tablet to Android 6 and now I have the same problem.
goldendave

Post by goldendave »

Well thank you for your prompt response, it's only been a month since the initial post and you haven't even bothered responding to mine. I shall now remove your app from all of my devices and install one from one of your competitors. This is a shame because I really liked the app and recommended to to all my friends, I shall now suggest they either remove it themselves or not bother to install it at all.
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

Wow, so just because she didn't get to your issue that same day, with probably the same response as to the OP, you flounce around about the Adblock Browser? What other custom browsers are there even, that use ABP-style filter-lists? They're getting around to upgrading the version of Firefox that the Adblock Browser is based on, and if you're willing to bad-mouth the project for not catering to your whim, you're entitled to a refund of the 0.00 USD you paid for this app.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
Karazykid

Post by Karazykid »

rach wrote:Hey mrbill3!

Thanks for reaching out to us.
We are aware of this issue with the keyboard. It doesn't have to do with your device, but with the old FF version that Adblock Browser is based on.
We plan on having the update soon and hopefully the issue will no longer exist.

Let us know in case you have any other question.
Apparently "soon" must mean 2017. It's still doing it.
rach

Post by rach »

Hey Karazykid,

Remember that Adblock Browser is based on FF, and there are some things that make us very dependent. This is one of them.
So I have a strong feeling it will be this year, but I can't promise you any dates. :)
Have a good week.
Jaybo

Post by Jaybo »

It is now the middle of August, and this issue has yet to be rectified.
jmhwang9

Post by jmhwang9 »

I register for posting this issue. But found this thread has already existed for a long time. This problem is big to me because I use google website often.
My finger hurts

Post by My finger hurts »

Wow, I almost broke my screen hammering away at it! Sometimes it magically worked with no clue as to what made it work. This is very annoying and should be fixed soon! Now I have to revert to Chrome when I want to use a form. Here I was, blaming it on poor Marshmallow, too.

Holiday greetings to all.
My finger hurts

Got an email saying there was a reply after mine but I don't see it. Yes, I know there's a work-around: Go to Google search box and initiate keyboard there, then go back to form. That's not a fix. :cry:

Happy New Year.
rach

Post by rach »

Hey My finger hurts,

The fix should come in the next release, and we expect that to come in the next 2-3 months or so.
Adblock Browser is based on Firefox browser. That makes us limited to make certain changes.
Let us know in case you have any other questions. Cheers!
Drewby

Post by Drewby »

Give the "Adblocker" browser a try. Works great and it does not have this annoying issue. It is a free download on google play
My finger hurts

Drewby wrote:Give the "Adblocker" browser a try. Works great and it does not have this annoying issue. It is a free download on google play
I AM using the Adblocker browser!