Adblock for Edge fail to add subscription

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Microsoft Edge
knight820

Adblock for Edge fail to add subscription

Post by knight820 »

Since I cannot find the edge support page and the extension options directed me here, I post on this page.
In MS Edge, build 14332, I installed adblock plus from the store. After I turned it on, I want to add subscription list such as China easy list into the extension.
However, I found it had no response when I press the "Add filter Subscription" button.
Thank you for your support and hope you will fix it.
mapx

Re: Adblock for Edge fail to add subscription

Post by mapx »

- moved in the right section
- however ABP for edge seems to be available for now only for the windows insiders:
http://www.windowscentral.com/adblock-a ... dows-store
stetzen

Post by stetzen »

Well, the purpose of insider users is to find bugs before the software becomes widely available, so it seems to be a valid bug report. And yes, I do see this bug as well, "Add filter subscription" button does nothing at the moment.
rseiler

Post by rseiler »

Oh, I thought it was just me. It's more than just that button though, isn't it?

No links or buttons in Options do anything at all beyond making the window jump a little bit in some cases.

I can't even see what filters are active, if any.
mapx

Post by mapx »

see on the bug tracker if it was already reported, otherwise file an issue there:
https://issues.adblockplus.org
rseiler

Post by rseiler »

That will take some time due to the volume of issues there.

Meanwhile, anyone confirming or denying that the page has major issues beyond "Add filter subscription" would be helpful.
mapx

Post by mapx »

this filtered link should show all the edge issues
https://issues.adblockplus.org/query?st ... r=priority
rseiler

Post by rseiler »

OK, that's helpful, but even "Add filter subscription" isn't mentioned there, and it's definitely an issue. Whether anything beyond that on that page is also an issue is something that I'd like someone to confirm before adding to the tracker.
mapx

Post by mapx »

just file an issue there, eventually upload some screenshot. If it's already known will be closed as duplicate.
JWW

Post by JWW »

Running Insider build 14372 and ABP 0.9.2.0. For me 'Add Filter Subscription' enables a drop down providing a choice of additional lists but not including the normally default lists for tracking and malware that you're offered with ABP on startup in other browsers. I have been able to add EasyPrivacy and Fanboy's Annoyance List by clicking on the EasyList 'link' in Options which takes you to the EasyList website. Choosing to add another list directly from there works, i.e. installs in ABP for Edge. BTW, all other links / buttons seem to work.

I'm just curious to know why they aren't provided 'up front' as usual and where the Malware list is...
rseiler

Post by rseiler »

OK, thanks, I kind of thought that it couldn't possibly be that non-functional. It's just a problem here then, though one that survives repeated uninstalls/reinstalls of the extension and even a complete Edge reset.
mapx

Post by mapx »

@JWW, I can't test myself, but if you go to
http://adblockplus.org/en/subscriptions

you'll see the malware list, try subscribe it from that site
JWW

Post by JWW »

Cheers! That worked.
JWW

Post by JWW »

@rseiler This is a complete shot in the dark, but the only problems I've had with Edge are:

1) CCleaner seems to mess with it and until I uninstalled CCleaner yesterday I had all kinds of weird stuff going on with Edge.
2) Check that you're allowing cookies in Edge. Mysteriously that option in Edge reverted to 'Block all cookies' yesterday as well. All kinds of things weren't working and I had no idea what was causing it.

Probably you have neither issue but I honestly cant think of anything else.
rseiler

Post by rseiler »

No, it's neither of those things, but I did notice something fundamental today when loading the extension in a VM installation: it looks radically different than what I've been seeing. That is, Options comes up in its regular (meaning what I've seen in other browsers) tabbed UI.

But in my main install, it doesn't. Instead, all options come up on one page. It's the same page that you can see for an instant before the tabbed UI loads, especially if you've just run the browser fresh. Maybe it's CSS failing, I'm not sure.
http://screencast.com/t/AqrZgzm1q

I have seen some other reports about this in the Feedback tool, so it's not just unlucky me.