Adblock Plus doesn't work anymore

Everything about using the stand-alone Adblock Plus app on Android
Celso

Adblock Plus doesn't work anymore

Post by Celso »

It stopped working in my Samsung Galaxy S4, which I switched for a Moto X Play. The S4 was using Android 5.5, and the Moto Play is using 6.0.1. Both devices are rooted. Take a look at the screen. http://imgur.com/Zdx4rbF
This used to be the best ad blocker, now it's just junk taking space in my phone...
rach

Re: Adblock Plus doesn't work anymore

Post by rach »

Hey Celso!

Thanks for reaching out to us.
When did it stop working? Is that happening in every website you try to access or only the clima tempo?
Please note that unfortunately we don't have any Android developer at the moment and we are aware that this app has a lot of bugs.
However, I will do my best to try to help you.
*Have you tried Adblock Browser? It has many cool features :)
devilmaycry

Post by devilmaycry »

Celso wrote:It stopped working in my Samsung Galaxy S4, which I switched for a Moto X Play. The S4 was using Android 5.5, and the Moto Play is using 6.0.1. Both devices are rooted. Take a look at the screen. http://imgur.com/Zdx4rbF
This used to be the best ad blocker, now it's just junk taking space in my phone...

Well, i have Galaxy s4 and it works well there. the problem is that AdBlock Plus also blocks the data of SEMRush which is so disgusting. please have a look at this bug as well
smed79

Post by smed79 »

devilmaycry wrote:the problem is that AdBlock Plus also blocks the data of SEMRush which is so disgusting.
provide an example, on any website?
bjoswald

Post by bjoswald »

So is this thing cancelled in favor of the AB browser or what?
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

Eyeo hasn't had a developer for this app for a while now (like since a few Android versions ago), and even where this app does work, it doesn't work well, because it has to guess at the request types that it intercepts, because it lacks the browser APIs that the Adblock Plus extensions rely on.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.