- Force close AdblockPlus
- I used Root Explorer to edit the /data/data/org.adblockplus.android/files/patterns.ini file - long press - Open in Text Editor
- I only have one subscription, so I just edit the url= and title= lines for the Easylist entry
- Save changes - the file has been truncated but that doesn't matter
- Open AdblockPlus and refresh the current subscription (still called Easylist)
- I checked the patterns.ini file and it had indeed updated to my list.
- I tried adding a rule to block an image on a webpage and it worked.
I've tried those steps, but once I update the list inside ABP, the pattern.ini goes back to it's prior state (default easylist url and title)