How to install Adblock Plus for Edge without MS account?

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Microsoft Edge
­­­

How to install Adblock Plus for Edge without MS account?

Post by ­­­ »

I was very glad that Adblock Plus finally has been released for MS Edge. But I was disappointed the moment when I tried to install it and was asked for Microsoft account.

Last time when I entered login and password in Windows Store, my local built-in administrator account became coalesced with MS account in a very strange way, and I found no way to unstick them. So I had to reinstall Windows and I don’t want to be drawn in the same trap once more.

Is there a way to install Adblock Plus for MS Edge without any entering of MS account data?
benf

Re: How to install Adblock Plus for Edge without MS account?

Post by benf »

You have to create a throwaway MS account, login with it, install ABP. Remove MS account from settings.
smed79

Post by smed79 »

­­­

Post by ­­­ »

> see if it helps http://ccm.net/faq/45074-how-to-install ... ft-account

Unfortunately, it doesn’t help. Maybe it worked in some previous versions of Windows many years ago.

Post by »

> You have to create a throwaway MS account, login with it, install ABP. Remove MS account from settings.

The problem is that I cannot remove MS account without losing my local Windows account with all settings, programs etc.
­­­

Post by ­­­ »

> How to Revert Your Windows 10 Account to a Local One
> http://www.howtogeek.com/230543/how-to- ... ijacks-it/

Unfortunately, since the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, there is no more link “Sign in with a local account instead”.
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

It is possible to log in with an MS account just for the Store.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.