Everything about using Adblock Plus on Microsoft Edge
twitch

twitch.tv

Post by twitch »

This plug doesn't work on twitch.tv
lewisje

Re: twitch.tv

Post by lewisje »

Do you mean that nothing happens, or maybe that you see an anti-Adblock message, or maybe that it blocks content that shouldn't be blocked?
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
Arcenus

Post by Arcenus »

I think he means (this is what happens to me) that in the Edge Explorer, when clicking a stream on twitch there is an add that is not blocked, and thus first one has to eat the add and then the stream starts. Thank you for your help and for you amazing extension.
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

a.k.a. "nothing happens"
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
Arcenus

Post by Arcenus »

a.k.a. there is adds that adblock doesn't block, ergo, there needs to be an improvement on adblock.
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

Arcenus wrote:a.k.a. there is adds that adblock doesn't block, ergo, there needs to be an improvement on adblock.
Sorry for trying to get clarification on your problem, so that when we try to look into it, we don't get told "wait that's not what I meant".

With that said, I just tried my own personal setup to go just under the subscription-storage limit: viewtopic.php?p=156641#p156641

Specifically, try deleting (not just unchecking) Malware Domains and Fanboy's Social Blocking List, and installing the Anti-Adblock Killer and Peter Lowe's Ad Servers lists, along with the default Adblock Warning Removal List, EasyList, and EasyPrivacy; also, add the following custom filters that I have found over the years:

Code: Select all

@@||amazon-adsystem.com^$domain=twitch.tv
@@||fan.twitch.tv/crossdomain.xml
@@||twitch.tv/ads/ads.js|
||chat.betterttv.net/chat/cometchatjs.php?$script,domain=twitch.tv
||d2f8tie0ouoft.cloudfront.net^$object,domain=twitch.tv
||pubsub-edge.twitch.tv^
twitch.tv##.sub-upsell
twitch.tv###sub-upsell
The whitelist rules are necessary to avoid some anti-Adblock behavior.

EDIT Maybe Edge extensions just can't filter requests made from inside the Flash Player; I mean this setup does work in Chrome, but I can still trigger the ads in Edge (even without the filter-storage warning) but not Chrome. I'm about to try out the highly experimental uBlock Origin for Edge, which has at least included a workaround for the filter-storage limit: https://github.com/nikrolls/uBlock-Edge#edge

EDIT Okay, it turns out that requests from plugin content cannot be modified by Edge extensions (I checked this after trying uBlock Origin for Edge and finding it failing the same way as ABP); I guess I'm sticking with Chrome then: https://github.com/MicrosoftEdge/Micros ... webrequest