Shut browser. Adblock stops working

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Microsoft Edge
blurrkup

Shut browser. Adblock stops working

Post by blurrkup »

I think I have received a Windows updated today and ever since Adblock stops working every time I close edge down. I have tried uninstalling Adblock and reinstalling which worked until I shut edge down again. I have updated the easy list as well and this makes it work again until I close edge down.

Anybody able to help.
mfs600

Re: Shut browser. Adblock stops working

Post by mfs600 »

I am having the same problem. I presume it started after the Windows 10 update last week. It is quite annoying. After all, I started using Adblock for a reason and, for a while, it was working just fine. Now, not at all.
mapx

Post by mapx »

blurrkup

Post by blurrkup »

Thanks I will give it a try tonight.
blurrkup

Post by blurrkup »

I have done what has been suggested but have had no luck. I am still having the same issue. This only started happening after Microsoft update KB3199209 installed last night.

*Forgot to add this also seems to be affecting adblock plus in chrome.
smed79

Post by smed79 »

blurrkup wrote:this also seems to be affecting adblock plus in chrome.
Try using Google Chrome Portable + ABP
- http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/g ... e_portable
- https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... cddilifddb?
Richard Brown

Post by Richard Brown »

I too have the same experience and do not appear to be able to follow the instructions in the Troubleshoot section. Such a disappointment after running adblockplus for a number of weeks with otherwise spectacular effect. Where do we go from here?
Richard Brown

Post by Richard Brown »

I hate to jump to conclusions too soon but late this evening I got an "error message" while in Edge saying: "Something went wrong with your extensions, so we had to reinstall them. You'll need to turn them on again." I then got another message from the top right of my screen which said: "You have a new extension. To start using AdblockPlus, turn it on. This extension is allowed to: * See the websites that you visit; *Read and change content on websites that you visit; *Read and change anything that you send or receive from websites; *Store personal browsing data on your devices. Below this were two buttons: "Turn it on" and "Keep it off". I opted for "Turn it on" and since then the AdblockPlus function seems to have been resumed. Hallelujah! I hope this is the beginning of a resolution to a problem seemingly experienced by so many people over the past couple of days.
mapx

Post by mapx »

issue: the devs are working to fix it
https://issues.adblockplus.org/ticket/4550