Problem with first run page

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
Epeescott

Problem with first run page

Post by Epeescott »

I use a communal computer at work, so I just start chrome and log in, which retains all my settings and bookmarks, etc.

The problem is, when the extensions load, Adblock Plus goes to the first run page every time - but no longer has the toggle switches for disabling social media, malware, and website tracking. I have to add these subscriptions manually, every time.

How can I restore the toggles for these? Or, even better, how can Adblock Plus retain my filter list when I log out and then back in to Chrome?
mapx

Re: Problem with first run page

Post by mapx »

every time all the session changes get lost on that pc ?
Epeescott

Post by Epeescott »

Yep.
greiner
ABP Developer

Post by greiner »

We removed those toggles from the first-run page since there's currently no comparable way to disable them again. Therefore we will reintroduce them in the next version of our options page but it'll be a while until we're ready to release it.

Until then I do see two options for you:

1. Bookmark subscriptions and use the "Subscribe" links next to "Fanboy's Social Blocking List", "Malware Domains" and "EasyPrivacy" to enable these features.

2. Contact our Large Scale Deployments team for allowing administrators to preinstall filter lists so that the administrators of your computer can decide whether they want to preload those three filter lists in Adblock Plus.
Epeescott

Post by Epeescott »

Thanks, greiner.