Adblock plus and feedview

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
Julan

Adblock plus and feedview

Post by Julan »

Ok, i don't know if this is possible. Deer Park just got the ability to view atom and rss feeds from within the browser window. see https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=302121. if you view the rss feed from slashdot, you see the ad. is it possible for adblock to be able to block ads in rss/atom feeds?
mcm

Post by mcm »

Well, it looks like feedview is going to be removed for 1.5 and put back in for 2.0 when it's more ready.
IceDogg

Post by IceDogg »

Yea thats what they are saying. To many bugs and to short a time before the realease of 1.5 I think you are right mcm
BillK

RSS ad text filters

Post by BillK »

IceDogg wrote:Yea thats what they are saying. To many bugs and to short a time before the realease of 1.5 I think you are right mcm

You can get a similar effect in Firefox if you use bloglines.com to read your selected rss feeds. For example, Scientific American has text ads about every 3rd or 4th entry. They all begin with ADV: but I doubt if this is a standard for all feeds.

Any chance of filtering rss text ads if viewed via a browser window?

This is going to be an increasing problem as the ad spam pollutes more and more rss feeds.