How to rebuild Adblock Plus with my filter?

Various discussions related to Adblock Plus development
aminotran

How to rebuild Adblock Plus with my filter?

Post by aminotran »

I'm using ChromeDriver (a browser similar to google chrome controlled by C# programming language) to test your website.
I can control ChromeDriver to install an extension (with .crx file).
If you install Adblock Plus on your browser, then your filter in the "add your own filter" tab (in "Adblock Plus Option") will be empty.
What I want here is: how do I add my filter to a .crx file before I install it? (Edit source, file, ... or any other way)
My filter example is:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Code: Select all

facebook.com###u_0_1i
facebook.com##._5hn6
youtube.com##.ytp-ce-element
youtube.com##.my-personal-button
pinterest.com##div[style="min-height: 400px; padding: 20px 10px;"]
pinterest.com##div[style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); border-radius: 8px; position: relative; text-align: center; width: 404px; margin: auto; min-height: 520px; box-shadow: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45098) 0px 2px 10px;"]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That mean, immediately after installing Adblock Plus in my web browser, my custom filter was added there.
I'm happy to receive any suggestions. Thank you very much!
mapx

Re: How to rebuild Adblock Plus with my filter?

Post by mapx »

see if helps:
forum/viewtopic.php?p=104953#p104953

However, you could do something else:
- create your own list (with your custom filters) and after the installation just add that custom list in ABP
forum/viewtopic.php?p=144195#p144195

The same list could then be used on all your systems (or for all users in a company/ group)
aminotran

Re: How to rebuild Adblock Plus with my filter?

Post by aminotran »

mapx wrote:see if helps:
forum/viewtopic.php?p=104953#p104953

However, you could do something else:
- create your own list (with your custom filters) and after the installation just add that custom list in ABP
forum/viewtopic.php?p=144195#p144195

The same list could then be used on all your systems (or for all users in a company/ group)
Thank you for replying to me. Maybe that's a good suggestion. But I will do it by programming language controls to add filters manually. It will take a little more time and a little trouble can arise.
Anyone who has any suggestions I have always received.
Thank you!