Browser Restores Wrong Page

Everything about using Adblock Browser on Android
charon

Browser Restores Wrong Page

Post by charon »

The ABP browser occasionally restores the incorrect page after opening a new tab and then navigating back to the original tab.

In the most recent instance I had 3 tabs open. I was making a comment in a forum. I opened a new tab to look something up. When my search was finished, I clicked on the original tab to complete my comment. Instead of returning me to the page I left, the browser restored a different page.

I had previously visited the page it restored, but it had actually been in a different tab. The page I was making my comment on wasn't even in my history.

This is around the 5th time this has happened to me while I was in the middle of making a comment, but it happens at least twice a week while just browsing normally - usually after I open a link in a new tab and then return to the original tab. It happens whether I use the "Back" button to return to the original tab, close the new tab, or just click on the original tab.

I'm not sure, but it might only happen after times that I've minimized the browser at some point and then started using it again. E.g. I use the browser and then minimize it to do something else. I then come back to the browser and open a new tab. I open a completely new page and then navigate to a new tab. I return to the previous tab and it loads a completely new page and completely forgets I had visited the lost page.

Device: Lenovo TAB 2 A10 tablet
Android Version: 5.0.1