ABP with Maxthon

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
Joska

ABP with Maxthon

Post by Joska »

My favorit browser is Maxthon becouse it has a lot more features than the Firefox. But, altrough it has an internal AdHunter, it's much less effective than the AdBlock Plus, and it's much harder to add a new element to the Blacklist, so, many times I need to use the Firefox, to get rid of the annoying ads. Is it possible, to make the ABP compatible with more browsers (including Maxthon), so one doesn't need to use Firefox or Seamonkey, when one doesn't really like them (nor the ads)?
Wladimir Palant

Post by Wladimir Palant »

Maxthon is essentially Internet Explorer, so the answer is - no. Adblock Plus will only work with Gecko-based browsers.
orangesand

maxthon never a good choice

Post by orangesand »

Joska wrote:Maxthon becouse it has a lot more features than the Firefox
not so hot now is it? :P

Upgrade to firefox and solve your problem. The lesser choice: http://ie7pro.com -- but maxthon lameness shines through here, too.

Re: ABP with Maxthon

Post by Guest »

Joska wrote:My favorit browser is Maxthon becouse it has a lot more features than the Firefox. But, altrough it has an internal AdHunter, it's much less effective than the AdBlock Plus, and it's much harder to add a new element to the Blacklist, so, many times I need to use the Firefox, to get rid of the annoying ads. Is it possible, to make the ABP compatible with more browsers (including Maxthon), so one doesn't need to use Firefox or Seamonkey, when one doesn't really like them (nor the ads)?
Browser

Re: maxthon never a good choice

Post by Browser »

orangesand wrote:
Joska wrote:Maxthon becouse it has a lot more features than the Firefox
not so hot now is it? :P

Upgrade to firefox and solve your problem. The lesser choice: http://ie7pro.com -- but maxthon lameness shines through here, too.

Post by Guest »

Joska wrote:My favorit browser is Maxthon becouse it has a lot more features than the Firefox. But, altrough it has an internal AdHunter, it's much less effective than the AdBlock Plus, and it's much harder to add a new element to the Blacklist, so, many times I need to use the Firefox, to get rid of the annoying ads. Is it possible, to make the ABP compatible with more browsers (including Maxthon), so one doesn't need to use Firefox or Seamonkey, when one doesn't really like them (nor the ads)?
Gingerbread Man

Post by Gingerbread Man »

Locking to put an end to the pointless quote posts.

Since Maxthon now uses either WebKit (the rendering engine formerly used in Chrome) or Trident (Internet Explorer's rendering engine), I suppose either forum would be more a appropriate place for further discussion than the Firefox forum.