Have to reinstall AdBlock every 8 - 10 days because it stops

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
wildchild1954

Have to reinstall AdBlock every 8 - 10 days because it stops

Post by wildchild1954 »

Every time I install AdBlock Plus it stops working within 8 - 10 days. What do I have to do to keep this working? Pay for a supposedly free application? There is nothing wrong with my Firefox profile. I'm using Firefox 54.0.1 (32-bit) version. If it wasn't for the fact that the ads are even more annoying than having to keep reinstalling this I'd get rid of it permanently. Can anyone help me with how to keep this working?
lewisje

Re: Have to reinstall AdBlock every 8 - 10 days because it stops

Post by lewisje »

It might not be the real ABP; try uninstalling any Adblock-style extension you have and going to https://adblockplus.org/ to install the real ABP.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
wildchild1954

Post by wildchild1954 »

That is the website I'm reinstalling it from. And today all the ads showed up again. so I'm going to have to uninstall and reinstall it. This is getting to be almost as irritating as all the ads are.
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

Check your system for malware.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.