Block images

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
lee369

Block images

Post by lee369 »

What happened to the block images button that used to be in the list of things when I right clicked an image (I used this all the time and had over 600 images that I blocked now I can't block any :( ). Now when I right click an image I get block element box. Then when I click it an empty box appears. If I click "ADD" nothing happens and I have to click the red "X" a couple of times to close the block element box. I prefer the old way you had. Also when you changed it why are there no instructions given? Adblockplus was perfect the way it worked before now it seems that you are favoring the ads and sites - is it for the money?
mapx

Re: Block images

Post by mapx »

tipar

Post by tipar »

Hi, you can find help filters. It is in Spanish but you can change the language top right. Basically, you have to write a customized filer like that.

##.mini-article

This one, in particular, will block the image on the right that appears on IMDb. You have to inspect the page and then hover over the image and write after the ## normally the text that it is after div class. If you read the manual thoughtfully eventually you will get it (and a lightweight head each too).
mapx

Post by mapx »

No, it's not in spanish. It depends on the language you are using.

Second, the user was talking about the broken "block element" stuff and not about the filters syntax.
tipar

Post by tipar »

But you can do it manually, and until they fix it I think it is a good start.

I have found too that if it does not work just with ##.XXXX you just add on the IMDb example; imdb.com##.XXXXXX
mapx

Post by mapx »

yes, in case on a certain site is active a $generichide filter you have to add the domain to the hiding filter.
mapx

Post by mapx »

beta version 1937 fixed the "block element" issue (now you can click "block element", select an element on page, in the opened window you'll see the filter)
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... sions/beta
lee369

Post by lee369 »

Should I submit a issue report or bug report to firefox?
Do you know if this problem will be fixed. I am hoping.
Do you have a work around that I could try until they get this fixed.
I did submit feedback about it when it first happened.

Also, I tried installing an older version of firefox but each time it came up as this new version 57.0.
mapx

Post by mapx »

@lee, just read the posts. See above my post => install last beta build of ABP.
lee369

Post by lee369 »

mapx wrote:@lee, just read the posts. See above my post => install last beta build of ABP.
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!
Followed your advice and installed the 1937 beta build and it is working fine for now. Really appreciate your help. Thank you so much.