AdBlock Plus Element Hiding Helper for Firefox Quantum 57+

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
GianOp

AdBlock Plus Element Hiding Helper for Firefox Quantum 57+

Post by GianOp »

When the AdBlock Plus Element Hiding Helper will be updated to work with the new Mozilla Firefox Quantum 57? Currently it is deactived because it's no longer compatible with the new extension format...
lewisje

Re: AdBlock Plus Element Hiding Helper for Firefox Quantum 57+

Post by lewisje »

ABP 3 for Firefox Quantum is based on ABP for Chrome, for which there never was a separate Element-Hiding Helper extension; instead, some of that functionality was in the base extension, as it is in ABP 3: forum/viewtopic.php?p=172627#p172627
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
VulcanTourist

Post by VulcanTourist »

The Block Element functionality carried over from Chrome is simplistic and unrefined compared to what Element Hiding Helper - whose selection method was derived from Aardvark - was capable of doing. There isn't even annotation of the details of the element currently selected.

Further, this carries over none of the rules from Element Hiding Helper. I've accumulated many hundreds of EHH rules over my years of using it, and now that effort is tossed in the grinder along with Element Hiding Helper? "Block Element" is not at all a comparable substitute for Element Hiding Helper. Instead of dumbing that feature down to the point of uselessness, how about stepping-up your game and delivering something that goes beyond what even EHH could accomplish?
mapx

Post by mapx »

read and continue here:
forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=54389