Issue with Adblocker Plus and Swagbucks button

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
Felscope

Issue with Adblocker Plus and Swagbucks button

Post by Felscope »

I'm sorry I think this is the wrong subject area, but it was the only page I could find with a 'new topic' button so that I could post a question.
I've recently had trouble with Yahoo interfering with Adblock, so I installed Adblocker Plus and this sorted out Yahoo. Now I have a problem with Adblocker Plus and the Swagbucks button. It's a small window which opens on the taskbar which runs videos to earn Swagbucks, but as such, it doesn't have a URL for me to put into the Adblocker Plus filter list.
I hope I've explained myself, so that people can understand my problem.

Thank you for any help you're able to give me.
mapx

Re: Issue with Adblocker Plus and Swagbucks button

Post by mapx »

No, I don't understand what you say.

Provide step by step instructions: original page, where should be that button, are you using some extension etc.
Probably needing an account on some site ?

Firefox version ?
ABP version ?
filter lists in ABP ?
Felscope

Re: Issue with Adblocker Plus and Swagbucks button

Post by Felscope »

Hi mapx

I'm sorry I didn't explain myself properly and I've been unable to come back sooner.

I was using Adblock and all was well, when I noticed that I was seeing lots of annoying ads on my Yahoo email page. After searching for answers I found a 4 line code to add to the Whitelist in Adblock. After doing this I went back and the ads were still there, so I went back to Adblock to check that I'd put the code in correctly and the last 2 lines had been deleted. :shock: I did this a few times and then after another search found that Adblock Plus would stop Yahoo ads and it worked, so I downloaded Adblock plus and have version 1.13.4. I use a site called swagbucks.com, where I make a little money doing surveys, watch videos etc. It isn't much, but it amuses me and I find it fun. They offer an extension they call a swagbutton, which I've downloaded, it sits on the top taskbar, next to the adblock symbol. I click on it and it opens up and it runs videos and then sits on the bottom taskbar. If I open with adblock it runs the videos, but if I open with adblock plus, it won't run the videos. I can't put the URL in the whitelist because being an extension it doesn't have one. I've tried different versions of swagbucks and swagbucks button etc. but nothing will allow the videos to run. I have an account on the swagbucks site and other parts of the main site are running the same, it's just this extension which is being blocked from running somehow.

I really like adblock plus and want to keep it, but at the moment I have to swap and change between adblock and adblock plus, depending on what I'm doing.

I was really shocked that Yahoo was able to delete something on my pc. I use a yahoo email for this swagbucks site, but I'm thinking of changing it because of this issue.

I have Chrome version 62.0.3202.94
Adblock plus version 1.13.4

I hope I've made it a little clearer, so that you'll be able to help me.
Thank you so much for trying to help, I'm sorry I'm not more computer literate.

Thank you.