firefox, android, Samsung3. ABP Causes FF to shut down.

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
rafvne2

firefox, android, Samsung3. ABP Causes FF to shut down.

Post by rafvne2 »

Title says it all.
If I add ABP to my phone's Fire Fox browser, FF just shuts down every minute or so. Reinstalling doesn't work.
Simple as this... I install it... it shuts of, I uninstall it, it works.
Anyone experienced it? Any solutions?
Oh, and I did read the post about an andrid version is no longer supported.... still, an answer would be helpfull.
mapx

Re: firefox, android, Samsung3. ABP Causes FF to shut down.

Post by mapx »

I moved your post in firefox section (ABP for android is an app, not an addon, no longer supported).

If you use firefox you should try directly adblock browser (which has ABP integrated):
https://adblockbrowser.org/
Malgo7

Post by Malgo7 »

I'm using Samsung Galaxy J.
I have exactly the same problem.
Before, it wasn't like this.

I downloaded AB Browser but then the browser after some time (maybe because of Samsung's updates?) crashed with EVERY start.
I am now using a diffenent Samsung Galaxy J and downloaded AB Browser immediately, it worked for just 2 days but then it just wouldn't let me use it at all. I wanted to quickly close all tabs (only 2 were open) but it crashes IMMEDIATELY. :-(

Is anyone experiencing the same problem and found a solution? Other than re-installing which I have tried. Maybe it's Samsung's fault?
Malgo7

Post by Malgo7 »

mapx wrote: (ABP for android is an app, not an addon, no longer supported).
Add ons are no longer supported? :-/
Malgo7

Post by Malgo7 »

I uninstalled and reinstalled ABB and it works now. But it's irritating that I have to do that...
keobongda247

Post by keobongda247 »

Malgo7 wrote:I'm using Samsung Galaxy J.

I downloaded AB Browser but then the browser after some time (maybe because of Samsung's updates?) crashed with EVERY start.
I am now using a diffenent Samsung Galaxy J and downloaded AB Browser immediately, it worked for just 2 days but then it just wouldn't let me use it at all. I wanted to quickly close all tabs (only 2 were open) but it crashes IMMEDIATELY. :-(

Is anyone experiencing the same problem and found a solution? Other than re-installing which I have tried. Maybe it's Samsung's fault?
Did you mean samsung galaxy J from docomo? I also have such errors and forced to reinstall rom
tylebongdahomnay

Post by tylebongdahomnay »

keobongda247 wrote:
Malgo7 wrote:I'm using Samsung Galaxy J.

Did you mean samsung galaxy J from docomo? I also have such errors and forced to reinstall rom
I am using galaxy j but do not know which rom to install
havip

Post by havip »

I uninstalled and reinstalled ABB and it works now. But it's irritating that I have to do that...
dichvufpttelecom

Post by dichvufpttelecom »

I am using galaxy j but do not know which rom to install