Update of LastHit & HitCount in storage.js

Various discussions related to Adblock Plus development
NotloeHsung

Update of LastHit & HitCount in storage.js

Post by NotloeHsung »

hello,

i want to tidy up my own filter list from time to time.

but the values in the storage.js in firefox-appdata, browser-extension-data are not up to date.

on access websites with matching filters, only the total blocked count will increase.
when i rename the current storage.js, it creates a new with the same old values.

Once there was a statistic on the UI in the browser extension, before Quantum.

Is there a other way to get the current data, or reactivate the statistics for each filter separate.

regards
greiner
ABP Developer

Re: Update of LastHit & HitCount in storage.js

Post by greiner »

This feature doesn't exist yet and there have been no plans on porting it over from the legacy Firefox version. However, I've created #6732 so that we can start investigating what needs to be done for that.

Note that in post-Quantum Firefox we can no longer create such an icon tooltip so feel free to suggest where and how this information should be exposed in the extension UI.
NotloeHsung

Re: Update of LastHit & HitCount in storage.js

Post by NotloeHsung »

Until a certain date/version the timestamp for last hit and counter was already set for each own filter.
It would be enough for me when the data is captured again and i can read it from storage.js

would be nice to have, if the data would displayed on the ui in advanced abp settings in a grid/table with these extra columns instead of the readonly textarea. so you can copy it to excel to filter. After click the edit-btn it could change back to the textarea.