Variety of oddities with ABP 2.0.3 on Safari 12.0.1 (beta)

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Safari
NillaGoon

Variety of oddities with ABP 2.0.3 on Safari 12.0.1 (beta)

Post by NillaGoon »

I'm in the Mojave beta program, currently on Mojave 10.14.1 Beta 4 with Safari 12.0.1.

I noticed that ABP was no longer showing an icon in the Safari toolbar, so I right-clicked and chose Customize Toolbar... to see if I could put it back. But ABP is not shown as one of the icons available for use.

I then went to Safari -> Preferences -> Extensions. Both AdBlock Plus and AdBlock Plus Icon were listed and enabled. The installed version was listed as 2.0.1. I noticed on adblockplus.org that the current version was 2.0.3, so I dragged AdBlock Plus.app from the Applications folder to the Trash and then emptied the trash. This caused both ABP extensions to disappear from the Safari -> Preferences -> Extensions window.

I then installed AdBlock Plus from the Mac App Store, verifying that its version number was 2.0.3. This caused AdBlock Plus and AdBlockPlus Icon to reappear in Safari -> Preferences -> Extensions, but there, the version number was still listed as 2.0.1. The behavior is still as before - no icon. ABP does seem to be working and becomes disabled for a page when the Safari Enable Content Blockers checkbox is unchecked.

Is AdBlockPlus Icon entirely vestigial now? Why does it still install?
NillaGoon

Re: Variety of oddities with ABP 2.0.3 on Safari 12.0.1 (beta)

Post by NillaGoon »

Done, thanks. Issue 7070.