Facebook ads

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
karimovic

Re: Facebook ads

Post by karimovic »

mapx wrote:Try these filters

Code: Select all

facebook.com#?#.fbUserStory:-abp-contains(Popular en Facebook)
facebook.com#?#.userContentWrapper:-abp-contains(Popular en Facebook)
If does not work, right click on page, save as .., you 'll get a folder and an html source, zip them all and upload the zip on some server.
Then post here the link (sure ... you have to be careful if you don't want to share any personal info)
i do what do you say but i can't found the folder and hmtm source why ?? i search in disc C and D but not found it where is the problem
Lucky Patcher 9Apps VidMate
Last edited by karimovic on Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mapx

Post by mapx »

When you click "save as" you can choose where to save it.

If does not work, go into chrome settings, advanced settings, download and enable the setting asking where (what folder) to save during the download.
Victoriategg9520

Post by Victoriategg9520 »

Hello Everybody
I want to know how to block add facebook..
mapx

Post by mapx »

Did you try the filters above ?
Flingar

Post by Flingar »

by the way interesting too
negan16

Post by negan16 »

even with the tips mentioned in the comments, there are some facebook ads that do not block for me
mapx

Post by mapx »

- Provide a screenshot with those ads (upload the pic on imgur.com then post here the link)

- You could also save the page (with ads): right click on page, "save as" , you'll have a folder and a html page. Zip them together, upload the zip on some free server and post the link here.
(this way I can take a look to the ads and eventually find a filter)
lys

Post by lys »

I guess this is a related (but opposite) problem: I saw a brief glimpse of a Sponsored post by a page I follow (my local art museum) before it disappeared from my newsfeed, which I realized meant it was being filtered out. But I would actually like to see these sponsored posts for pages I've chosen to follow. How can I make my ad filter more selective? There's a lot of other junk on FB I do prefer to block so I don't want to just turn it off, but I'm concerned if it means I'll miss out on events and such that organizations I like are trying to promote.

(I don't know if this is a new thing? I feel like I saw some of these Sponsored posts before today, but maybe I just didn't notice what I was missing till now.)
mapx

Post by mapx »

The sponsored stuff if hidden using hiding filters. Unfortunately there is no chance to have such filters on specific pages (hiding filters are applied on all the pages of the domain)
lys

Post by lys »

Thanks for the explanation, mapx. Is there a way to remove the filter for hiding all sponsored posts on fb? If I have to have a few ads for pages I don't follow slip in that way, I can live with that. Otherwise I guess I'll just watch for those hidden posts on my phone, since I don't have an ad blocker installed on that...
mapx

Post by mapx »

You could try to un-hide all the hidden stuff using

Code: Select all

@@||facebook.com^$elemhide
lys

Post by lys »

Thank you! It looks like I can't un-hide everything and still use the block element tool to hide the stuff I don't want (like the righthand column of suggested stuff), so I have to choose one or the other. But I appreciate the help!
Sim_123

Post by Sim_123 »

I have ABP on a Mac - High Sierra 10.13.2 beta and using the modern model of chrome. As of 24 hours in the past, all ads would appear then vanish thanks to ABP but even updating smooth listing etc, logging out of FB and logging back in, no distinction. I needed to add the cutting-edge filters to ABP to remedy the problem (now not absolutely). This might appear to suggest the trendy smooth listing and so forth don't encompass the brand new filters.
Del Frio

Post by Del Frio »

Same with me, I kept seeing ads every day on my fed up now.
Derty

Post by Derty »

Same here :cry: :cry: :cry:

We're losint it.

###EDIT###
You can easily remove them with one click, using the developer tools on Chrome. I don't know wether this is usefull or not.