[Done] Domain exceptions for element hiding

Various discussions related to Adblock Plus development
Wladimir Palant

[Done] Domain exceptions for element hiding

Post by Wladimir Palant »

Now that whitelisting for element hiding seems to work reliably (dear Firefox developers, please don't break it again!), I thought that unifying the handling with the $domain option might be a good idea. Meaning that following rules will be possible:

"~example.com##.ad" - will be applied everywhere but on example.com and its subdomains

"example.com,~bad.example.com##.ad" - will be applied on all of example.com with exception of bad.example.com and all its subdomains

"example.com,~bad.example.com,really.bad.example.com##.ad" - same as above but will still be applied on really.bad.example.com

Technically, these element hiding rules will still be applied on all the positive entries in the domain list. However, the mechanism used for whitelisting will also be used to make sure that they have no effect on the negative entries in the list.

Any comments?
Last edited by Wladimir Palant on Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ares2

Post by Ares2 »

Woooot!! I can't imagine a more useful/important feature for EasyList. 8) Thanks for implementing that, Wladimir.
Stupid Head

Post by Stupid Head »

I'm for it. :)
What, me worry?
Lucas Malor

Post by Lucas Malor »

Well, I don't like the syntax :P but I like the idea. Can something like this be implemented also for filters?
Ares2

Post by Ares2 »

Lucas Malor wrote:Can something like this be implemented also for filters?
Done. :P

http://adblockplus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3269

http://adblockplus.org/releases/adblock ... 1-released
Lucas Malor

Post by Lucas Malor »

Excellent... :D