Adblock stopped working?

Posting here is no longer possible, please use the forum of a filter list project, such as EasyList
Backwardsman97

Adblock stopped working?

Post by Backwardsman97 »

For the longest time I have had adblock and it worked great. I added something to it to block google ads and it always has. I've never had popups or even advertisements on webpages and forums, but very recently they are now popping up. On the sides of pages there are google ads and on youtube when I look at a song or something, a thing comes up asking if I wanna buy that song. Has google changed their advertisements or is something wrong? I'm using firefox v 2.0.0.20. I never wanted to upgrade to 3.0+ because my theme won't work in there and plus I didn't like it very much.
PinXIEaniME

Re: Adblock stopped working?, i have the answer!

Post by PinXIEaniME »

Your filter submission has expired, so you will have to check easy USA, or whereever you live.
First, uninstall adblock plus, and reinstall it, and a window will appear, and check one of the filter submissions, i reccomend easy USA :D
Ares2

Re: Adblock stopped working?

Post by Ares2 »

Backwardsman97 wrote:For the longest time I have had adblock and it worked great.[...]I'm using firefox v 2.0.0.20.
If you update Firefox (to 3.0.9 or higher) and Adblock Plus (1.1 or higher), it should work again.