Cosmetic Issue with Adblock+ 0.5.8

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
swdeliriousdude

Cosmetic Issue with Adblock+ 0.5.8

Post by swdeliriousdude »

Thanks for all your work in keeping up AdBlock.

However, a brief cosmetic issue. On the latest trunk builds, when using a scrollwheel, a giant chunk of the filterlist disappears and is replaced by a void white area. If scrolling down, this appears at the bottom, if scrolling up, it appears at the top.

Using the arrows to go up and down, or dragging the scrollbar works without a problem, but not using a scrollwheel

Just letting you know

-Brian
(FirefoxSupport@gmail.com)
mcm

Post by mcm »

Indeed I've noticed that too, I suspect the cause is a bug in Firefox although I haven't searched for it in BugZilla yet. Will add it to the list of known issues though.
Harald.L

Post by Harald.L »

It's there for a long time now, in today's firefox build thread there was mentioned https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=300245 is the cause and this was fixed today. One user tells that the white space has gone for him but I have still the same issue with Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8b3) Gecko/20050714 Firefox/1.0+ ID:2005071401 which contains the mentioned bugfix.

Harald
Harald.L

Post by Harald.L »

Good news! In MozillaZine Build forum http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 26#1604526 polidobj found the cause and a working fix:

1. Find ablock.jar whether it be in the xpi or in the directory where the extension is installed. I did the latter.
2. Edit settings.xml.
3. Find this line of code (there is only one instance in the file):

listBox.scrollByLines(rows);

4. Add this line of code after it:

event.preventDefault();

5. Save settings.xml back into the jar file and make sure it's still in the content directory.
6. Restart Firefox so it rereads the jar.

Post by Guest »

With regards to cosmetic issues ... is it perhaps possible to remove the dotted line under the AP icon in the lower right hand corner of the screen. I like the icon, but the line just spoils it's pretty face :)
mcm

Post by mcm »

Thanks Harold, fix has been added.

The purpose of the dotted line is let the user know what Quickblock mode you're in. This is toggled by hitting ctrl+shift+k, no line means the feature is off, dotted line means that it is partially on and normal line means that it is on fully. If you never bother removing elements by holding down ctrl+shift and double clicking then you might as well turn it off if the line bothers you.