search field for filterlist manager

Various discussions related to Adblock Plus development
gandalf

search field for filterlist manager

Post by gandalf »

When I want to add a filter from the huge filterlist in ABP i can not search for the ones i already know.

Currently I have to scroll the complete list to find the ones I want and this is very time consuming. :/
IceDogg

Re: search field for filterlist manager

Post by IceDogg »

Sorry if this seems like a stupid question, but do you mean in the ABP's Preferences where it list the filtersets? If so ctrl+F brings up a find to search the filters. If this is not the case maybe you can explain in more details?
gandalf

Post by gandalf »

ABP Options -> Filter -> Add filter subscriptions (the window that opens have a text link similiar to "add other list as well" (i use the german version...), now a list of many filter lists, like EasyList, EasyList Germany and others open and this is the list i want to search.
Wladimir Palant

Post by Wladimir Palant »

Usually in a list like this you would have auto-complete - you start typing "plg" and it selects "PLgeneral". Yes, this kind of accessibility feature is something I would like to implement eventually. A search field would be an overkill IMO. Unless the "subscription title" field is reused as search field (you type in something and it selects the first matching entry so that you only need to click it).

Moved to future development forum.
3D Master

Post by 3D Master »

Easiest would be to simply have an option to remove all filters you've already subscribed to.