How do i subscribe to EasyPrivacy list?

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
super_fox

How do i subscribe to EasyPrivacy list?

Post by super_fox »

Hi i wanted to thank you for taking this project on it works good. i had just one question how do i subscribe to this list (EasyPrivacy) as i like this list as well thanks. can you show me how to do this?.
anonymous_user

Re: How do i subscribe to EasyPrivacy list?

Post by anonymous_user »

Open up the options page for AdBlock Plus for Chrome, and near the bottom it will say "Subscribe to a Firefox AdBlock Plus filter list:", just add this url:

Code: Select all

https://easylist-downloads.adblockplus.org/easyprivacy.txt
super_fox

Post by super_fox »

super_fox

Post by super_fox »

holding of on this until this list will fully work with adblock+ for chrome.
tempguest

Post by tempguest »

If you're using EasyList as well, there is a combined filter list:

Code: Select all

https://easylist-downloads.adblockplus.org/easyprivacy+easylist.txt
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

super_fox wrote:holding of on this until this list will fully work with adblock+ for chrome.
*off

Anyway both Adblock Plus for Chrome and AdBlock for Chrome use ABP syntax, so any list that works with ABP will also work with the project of Gundlach or the project of Joseph & Palant; it's just that there's a limit on how many lists ought to have their URLs hard-coded in, and the abp: pseudo-protocol is not yet registered in any of the Chrome extensions, so sometimes you need to extract the URL of the list itself from the abp: subscription URL.

Also, try not to use "adblock+" because there is yet another extension called "Adblock+ Element Hiding Helper" that despite its name is not equivalent to EHH for ABP on Firefox and instead merely implements the element-hiding rules in just one ABP subscription and also your own custom filters; it's only useful in conjunction with the built-in content blocking in SRWare Iron, which does not support element-hiding rules (or subscriptions, or adding or removing filters while the browser is running, or whitelists, or wildcards...and even Opera supports those), but does perfectly block content (like all other major browsers except Chrome, although just one Chromium issue needs to get resolved...).