Johhny

Chrome issues

Post by Johhny »

Many Google ads appear aggain and sometimes ads do not collapse
Wladimir Palant

Re: Chrome issues

Post by Wladimir Palant »

See forum/viewtopic.php?p=40460#p40460
I am waiting for Tom Joseph to review and upload the update.
Wladimir Palant

The update is up now, please update to version 1.0.23. If you still have issues then don't hesitate to tell.
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

Still the same problems especially with google ads examples:
http://www.online-tech-tips.com/
http://www.makeuseof.com/service/browser/
there are empty spaces
and a greek site
http://www.nooz.gr/lifestyle/pos-apokal ... id-beckham
with google ads everywhere at least from my point of view.
Anyway thanks for the direct answer and support and i hope you find the best suitable solutions
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

In two different machines i have two different outputs in the same sites one almost perfect and on e clumsy with empty spaces and google ads. Puzzled???
Wladimir Palant

Can you check your Adblock Plus options? Are you subscribed to the same filter lists? Does it say something about failed downloads maybe?
Markuz

Post by Markuz »

Can confirm what the OP sees. Have problems with google ads even on gmail (under every single mail) and various ads blocks showing in sites (for example guru3d.com between posts). All this was not happening with adthwart and the same version of chrome, so must be some regression you introduced with the "merge".
This using version 1.0.23 of adblock extension

Thanks anyway for your work on it :)
Wladimir Palant

@Markuz: Which filter lists are you subscribed to? Again, any download issues?

The filter list addresses changed between version 1.0.21 and 1.0.22 - if they weren't/couldn't be downloaded from the new locations that would explain the issues.
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

There is no update problem. The EasyList and Reccomended are checked and almost the same very specific own filters. The one machine has almost very good results nad the other is full of spaces because of the failure of collapsinh the ads and Google ads. With the the new version the only difference is the removal of the sign of some Google ads after their removal.
Markuz

Post by Markuz »

@Wladimir: Only easylist checked. File is downloaded (in localstorage folder the file you specified in other post is >1,2MB) and it works on some sites like www.betanews.com so there must be something downloaded :)
super_fox

Post by super_fox »

ok here is what i run and i see no adds at all on any of the listed sights. EasyList by Michael, Ares2, Erunno, Khrin, MonztA Last updated at 09:47:50 today and Recommended filters for Google Chrome Last updated at 09:47:50 today. with both of these checked i see no Google adds or adds of any kind just the occasional add t hat slips threw a youtube video but thats on rare occasion. Try checking these or maybe a uninstall and reinstall maybe something is broken?
Wladimir Palant

@super_fox: Uninstall/reinstall is very rarely helpful when dealing with extensions.

@Johnny, Markuz: Very strange. I will look into this again but I can only reproduce the issue if I disable EasyList.

@Markuz: A large file size doesn't mean anything - the way Adblock Plus/Chrome works right now it will keep all the data for old subscriptions (including the old EasyList address). And there are some special cases where it will become active even without a subscription (I would like to get rid of those).

Edit: Never mind, I can now see the issue.
ttjoseph

Post by ttjoseph »

@Markuz and others still experiencing issues, can you paste the output of the JavaScript console for the extension? Wrench->Tools->Extensions->Developer mode, and under Adblock Plus, click "background.html" and then Console in the window that comes up. Then copy and paste any messages in that window into a post here.
Wladimir Palant

Tom, there are no errors. googleadservices.com isn't being blocked even though it should have been - probably due to timing issues.
Wladimir Palant

It is actually pagead2.googlesyndication.com that isn't being blocked - because the corresponding filter in EasyList doesn't match the expected form. I'll ask Michael to add it to the Chrome-specific list again. In the meantime, adding ||pagead2.googlesyndication.com^$third-party to the custom filters does the job.