TechCrunch.com

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
Alex

TechCrunch.com

Post by Alex »

Hi,

I am currently running Adblock Plus for Chrome with the default filters. I also have used the adversity antisocial filter and fanboy's annoyance's filter. I have used these filters in order to make TechCrunch load faster, since the site is full of widgets.

For some reason after the page finishes to load, it seems to load off and on again in the background, making scrolling nearly impossible. If anyone has any suggestions to make this site load faster and more efficiently, I would really appreciate it!

I just tested it on the latest version of Firefox with Adblock Plus, trying each custom filter. Seems to load much faster, and doesn't have the loading issues that I experience in chrome.

Thanks,
Alex
lewisje

Re: TechCrunch.com

Post by lewisje »

The Adversity antisocial list and Fanboy's annoyances list are redundant; if you still want to use Hubird's own product, try his Adult list instead (I once used Fanboy's adult list but the URL has been broken ever since that DDoS).
Wladimir Palant

Post by Wladimir Palant »

Adblock Plus for Chrome currently isn't even nearly on par with Adblock Plus for Firefox as blocking goes - only some filters can be used for blocking, rest of them only hides stuff. EasyList has many filters using the required form, other subscriptions (Fanboy's, Adversity) don't. This is something we plan to fix for the next version, things should get better then.
ORK

Post by ORK »

Alex wrote:Hi,

I am currently running Adblock Plus for Chrome with the default filters. I also have used the adversity antisocial filter and fanboy's annoyance's filter. I have used these filters in order to make TechCrunch load faster, since the site is full of widgets.

For some reason after the page finishes to load, it seems to load off and on again in the background, making scrolling nearly impossible. If anyone has any suggestions to make this site load faster and more efficiently, I would really appreciate it!

I just tested it on the latest version of Firefox with Adblock Plus, trying each custom filter. Seems to load much faster, and doesn't have the loading issues that I experience in chrome.

Thanks,
Alex
Try using this along with adblock plus
https://chrome.google.com/extensions/de ... eifhpjdfeo

Post by Guest »

ORK wrote:
Alex wrote:Hi,

Thanks,
Alex
Try using this along with adblock plus
https://chrome.google.com/extensions/de ... eifhpjdfeo
@ORK Using the Disconnect extension you mentioned seems to help the problem a lot! Hoppefully a fix will be implemented in Chrome and Adblock Plus in the near future.