"Enabled for this site" not working

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
leftysrevenge

"Enabled for this site" not working

Post by leftysrevenge »

When I middle-click the ABP icon in the address bar, I get the option to Enable for the current site, which turns the icon green.
The reverse doesn't seem to work properly. Sometimes I can m-click again, and the Enabled is still checked, even with a green icon.
Other times, it will be unchecked but still green and not filtering.

In other words, I can only turn ABP off for a site, but I can't turn it back on using the same method. In order to remove a site, I instead have to go to the Whitelist Options.

Any ideas?

Thanks and cheers,
~A
Wladimir Palant

Re: "Enabled for this site" not working

Post by Wladimir Palant »

Which Chrome version are you using?

PS: Middle-click doesn't do anything special in Chrome - you will get the same result with regular left-click.

PPS: I tried in Chrome 8 and Chrome 10 but it works fine for me in both. Which particular website does this happen on?
leftysrevenge

Post by leftysrevenge »

Current version is 8.0.552.224, after removing the beta version that was causing problems and reinstalling stable.

I'm just accustomed to m-click from Firefox, but I'm glad left-click does the same.

I tried it on IMDB.com, and checking again now, it looks like it's back to normal. Might have been a fluke, or remnants from the old bad install.
I'll keep an eye on it, but so far otherwise I'm very pleased with this implementation.
Please continue the great work; I don't know if I could tolerate the Internet as is without it.

~A
ttjoseph

Post by ttjoseph »

This was an occasional complaint with AdThwart as well - my thought is that it has to do with the variable timing of Chrome calling asynchronous callbacks. This has been a difficult bug to reproduce reliably.