Can't enter Asus website

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
threepwood

Can't enter Asus website

Post by threepwood »

Hi,

I had this problem with AdThwart and I still have it with latest ABP for Chrome.

Trying to enter www.asus.com but it just loads a blank page. Disabling ABP loads the correct webpage ( www.asus.com redirects to www.asus.com/entryflash.htm )

Chrome version: 8.0.552.224
Filters:
- EasyList by Michael, Ares2, Erunno, Khrin, MonztA
- Fanboy's Español/Português supplement by fanboy, Nitro
- Recommended filters for Google Chrome
Tom Seiber

Re: Can't enter Asus website

Post by Tom Seiber »

No , it works.
Just update your ABP and your filters.
threepwood

Post by threepwood »

They're updated.

I don't know if it happens on first run or something random, but either it loads or returns a blank page.

Disabling ABP makes it load everytime. Just for comparison, no problems with FF 3.6 and ABP (Fanboy's List + Fanboy's Español/Portuguese filters) too.
Logos

Post by Logos »

I've had this problem with ASUS (just a blank page) a while ago in Firefox. Had to disable ABP to enter the site. It got solved with the time. And I got no problem there either (Asus site) with ABP in Chrome.
Till
ABP CEO

Post by Till »

I had the same problem, it seems to be resolved now.
Wladimir Palant

Post by Wladimir Palant »

I can confirm the problem - it happens only when entering asus.com with empty cache. Resizing the window "fixes" it. @threepwood: I guess that you are permanently browsing in incognito mode?
Wladimir Palant

It is an issue with the "initial hide" feature, Chrome won't correctly restore this flash object after it was initially hidden. The following filter needs to be added to the Chrome filter subscription:

Code: Select all

!NI asus.com
Michael

Post by Michael »

Post by Guest »

Wladimir Palant wrote:I can confirm the problem - it happens only when entering asus.com with empty cache. Resizing the window "fixes" it. @threepwood: I guess that you are permanently browsing in incognito mode?
Guess you solved it but I rarely browse in incognito mode.
Wladimir Palant

No, I didn't solve it - what Michael added there is a work-around. I am testing another change on the extension itself that might prevent us from hitting this issue altogether. But the underlying issue is a Chrome/WebKit bug - I need to narrow it down and report it to Google/Apple so that this bug is actually fixed.
Wladimir Palant

Chrome issue report: http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issue ... l?id=68518
Our work-around: https://hg.adblockplus.org/adblockplusc ... 30e38eaa9d

I guess that once this change is deployed we will be able to remove all !NI filters.