Blocked more than intended

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
Wayward Vagabond

Blocked more than intended

Post by Wayward Vagabond »

Right, so... When trying to block something specific via the right click method, I ended up blocking far more than I intended to. Is there any way for me to undo the change I made? Because I can't find it, myself.
Till
ABP CEO

Re: Blocked more than intended

Post by Till »

In the options of ABP you can find a tab called "add own filters", there you also can delete the filters you have added manually.
Wayward Vagabond

Post by Wayward Vagabond »

I don't actually see a tab called that in my options. There is an option to manually edit filters under the blacklist tab, but the box underneath this option that it allows you to edit shows up as blank for me, though it's clear that I do actually have ad filters running. The version of Adblock I'm running is 2.2.25, and the OS I'm running all this on is 64-bit Windows 7.
Wladimir Palant

Post by Wladimir Palant »

Chrome Adblock is an independent extension that is unrelated to Adblock Plus. We are not really happy with them using that name but we cannot change it. Adblock Plus for Chrome is available here: https://chrome.google.com/extensions/de ... cddilifddb
super_fox

Post by super_fox »

i wish he would change the name of his extension wladimir is not your name copyright protected? if so you may be able to get him to change it by that i know that in the business filed that 2 places cant have same name.
Michael

Post by Michael »

Names can only be trademarked; copyright is unlikely to prevent the use of a small phrase, even if it is as the title of a competing add-on. As far as I am aware Wladimir holds no trademark on the "Adblock Plus" name, as such protection needs to be specifically requested, something that I suspect has not occurred. I would therefore suggest that the most effective way to change the name of AdBlock for Chrome would be to discuss the issue with the author of the extension, Michael Gundlach.
Wladimir Palant

Post by Wladimir Palant »

We did discuss a change of name with Michael Gundlach but he feels that he built up a brand here that he doesn't want to give up.