Compose textbox blocked in gmail

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
rifter

Compose textbox blocked in gmail

Post by rifter »

Recently adblockplus started blocking the compose textbox in gmail. This only happens when using "basic html" view.
I am not sure what this has to do with blocking ads since it is from the google page. Nevertheless in chrome and chromium if adblockplus is enabled and you go to gmail and select the "basic html view" then reply, forward, or compose a message the text box where you are supposed to type will be missing. Disable adblock and it works fine again. "Normal" view is unaffected.
I am just using the filter lists that came with adblock: "adblock custom filters," easylist, and easyprivacy.
Any ideas?
I am using Ubuntu 10.10 64 bit. Versions:
Chrome 7.0.517.36 beta
Chromium 10.0.651.0 (72748)
Adblock 2.2.28
ttjoseph

Re: Compose textbox blocked in gmail

Post by ttjoseph »

Adblock 2.2.28
You are using Michael Gundlach's AdBlock extension, not Adblock Plus (which doesn't have this problem as far as I can tell). Despite the similarity in name, they are different extensions. Please report the bug at his bug tracker: http://code.google.com/p/adblockforchrome/issues/entry
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

rifter wrote:Recently adblockplus started blocking the compose textbox in gmail. This only happens when using "basic html" view.
I am not sure what this has to do with blocking ads since it is from the google page. Nevertheless in chrome and chromium if adblockplus is enabled and you go to gmail and select the "basic html view" then reply, forward, or compose a message the text box where you are supposed to type will be missing. Disable adblock and it works fine again. "Normal" view is unaffected.
I am just using the filter lists that came with adblock: "adblock custom filters," easylist, and easyprivacy.
Any ideas?
I am using Ubuntu 10.10 64 bit. Versions:
Chrome 7.0.517.36 beta
Chromium 10.0.651.0 (72748)
Adblock 2.2.28
Maybe it has been repaired with an update to EasyList or EasyPrivacy, or with the release of AdBlock 2.3.1, because I cannot reproduce the issue.
vasa1

Post by vasa1 »

I had reported something similar here:
forum/viewtopic.php?p=40515#p40515
Wladimir Palant

Post by Wladimir Palant »

@vasa1: Yes, it is a known issue - en/known-issues-chrome#gmail
And it affects Adblock as well - only that Adblock doesn't seem to employ any work-around for this issue meaning that it should be affected by it more frequently than Adblock Plus.