[Done] New Adblock Plus icons

Various discussions related to Adblock Plus development
efdur

Post by efdur »

hello, you little to e all the icones has this address: (on .zip )

http://abmc.queven.chez-alice.fr/adb.zip

it are all cuts of them 16,24 and 32 px

thank you :wink:

efdur.
Wladimir Palant

Post by Wladimir Palant »

Thanks you efdur, I'll only test the two updated locales and then I'll put up a new development build.
Blink

Post by Blink »

efdur wrote:hello, you little to e all the icones has this address: (on .zip )

http://abmc.queven.chez-alice.fr/adb.zip

it are all cuts of them 16,24 and 32 px

thank you :wink:

efdur.
I like the new green whitelist icon.

J'aime la nouvelle icône verte de list blanche.

8)
rick752

Post by rick752 »

@ efdur

The ABPliste blanche is the perfect whitelist icon.

Great job!
Wladimir Palant

Just in case someone didn't notice - three of these icons are in the current development build now (not the "whitelisted site" one of course, this feature isn't there yet). I'm still a little unsure about whether to release Adblock Plus 0.7 with these icons. Generally I like them and I think they fit better into the Firefox toolbar. On the other hand - the small icon does in fact look somewhat blurry, the borders aren't clear enough (they acutally are of a different color) and the cross doesn't stick out enough there (the bigger version is fine).

Furthermore the white line at the border isn't really visible. Of course there isn't enough space for a thicker line, maybe it should be done like in Firefox - the red background is simply lighter at the border.

So I don't know whether to take these icons now or release Adblock Plus 0.7 with the cockroach so there is time to fix the icons first.
Peng

Post by Peng »

I think these icons need a bit more time.

It would be kind of odd to release 0.7 with the old icons and then a minor 0.7.1 or whatever with the new ones, though. :P

But I would go with waiting a while longer for the new icons. Do release Adblock Plus 0.7, though.

Then again, you said you're going to be away for two weeks...

(Five sentences, and I said just about "Yeah, wait.". :P )

Post by Guest »

I do worry that there might be a selection effect at work here--I suspect that many who dislike the current icon may simply have chosen to remain with Adblock for that very reason.

While I myself use AB+, until the last dev I had elected to use the smaller toolbar icon. I agree that the above icon set is slightly blurry, but not enough to stop the show, in my opinion.

Post by Guest »

Er, what I meant to say is that I had been using the status bar icon instead of the toolbar. :oops:
ShareBird

Post by ShareBird »

Never mind... Please ignore it (it seems not too difficult).

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote: I agree that the above icon set is slightly blurry, but not enough to stop the show, in my opinion.
hello,

You will find in this file of the icones to filter and more Net for the small size, I find.

http://abmc.queven.chez-alice.fr/adbfiltre.zip

you can choose in both file which icone to use according to the size.

efdur :wink:
Wladimir Palant

efdur, I uploaded a development build with these icons now but I don't see a difference. All my points from above still stand...
Wladimir Palant

Ok, my final decision: the icons need to improve before we can use them. While the cockroach definitely isn't perfect - we are already using it, we should only change it for something better. I will release Adblock Plus 0.7 without the new icons, but we can put them into any of the versions following.
Peng

Post by Peng »

Okay. IMO, that's the best decision.

I am using the new icons at the moment, though. They aren't perfect, but they're a lot spiffier and shinier than the cockroach. :)
efdur

Post by efdur »

Another file (zip) with the icones.

You must make comparative :shock: A those which exists before judging them blurry.

The file is here:

http://abmc.queven.chez-alice.fr/abp.zip

efdur.
ghost

Post by ghost »

Is the red colour between on and off the same? Anyway, the small (16x16) OFF icon backround could be a little brighter and the ON icon background could be a little darker. And perhaps the small "B" in the 16x16 enabled icon could be a bit less blurry. Perhaps you can make the small icons without a border.

Try whats best efdur, play with them. These icons are very good, but they are for the best extension! So these icons must be the best too! :wink: