Gawker Media Group

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
societyblind

Gawker Media Group

Post by societyblind »

Adblock Plus for chrome

When switching articles on the Gawker media group's new layout ABP installed makes the page stay grayed out and the the loading indicator spin for a long time. Even with no custom filters / all lists disabled.
Michael

Re: Gawker Media Group

Post by Michael »

This is a known issue that affects Adblock Plus as well, and may not be resolved without copious whitelists protecting well known advertisers; the problem has therefore not been resolved in EasyList.
Mo

Post by Mo »

Will this be resolved anytime soon? They work fine on Firefox, just not Chrome...
Michael

Post by Michael »

I was under the impression that identical issues arose in both Firefox and Chrome, although would suggest that in both instances the only way to resolve the issues is to complain to Gawker and suggest that they switch to alternative content delivery systems, something which I do not expect will occur any time soon.
Ares2

Post by Ares2 »

@Michael, Gawker != Gannett. :wink:
@Others: There was a misunderstanding, ignore Michael's comments.

Gawker example: http://gizmodo.com/
Gannett example: http://www.indystar.com/
societyblind wrote:When switching articles on the Gawker media group's new layout ABP installed makes the page stay grayed out and the the loading indicator spin for a long time. Even with no custom filters / all lists disabled.
Have you confirmed that it's an ABP issue? Does it work again if you completely uninstall ABP?
Last edited by Ares2 on Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Post by Michael »

Ares2 wrote:@Michael, Gawker =! Gannett. :wink:
Apologies for the confusion. My only defence is that the company names begin with the same two letters and that I am used to the discussion of Gannett, which lead me to substitute one corporation with another. I'm sure that there's an opportunity for a psychological study into this phenomenon somewhere in the above testimony...