Problem with ABP on chrome.

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
Viruzzz

Problem with ABP on chrome.

Post by Viruzzz »

I switched from Firefox to chrome because I Like chrome's UI better(takes up less space)
But some of the adds I never saw on FF are now playing on chrome, the most annoying ones at present being the adds on videos on blip.tv. I can run FF and Chrome side by side on the same page with updated(and identical) subscriptions, and the Chrome browser will play adds that the FF browser doesn't.

How to fix?
LorenzoC

Re: Problem with ABP on chrome.

Post by LorenzoC »

You can switch back to Firefox since version 4 takes up same space as Chrome (tabs on top, no menu bar). Plus Firefox is much more customizable than Chrome and I am sure you can set it to satisfy any of your needs with some efforts.

ABP for Chrome is still under work and then it has some limitations. It is expected that some ads can pass through.
Especially if you are using a subscription or a custom filter set that was not tested on Chrome.

Anyway there is a subsection on this board dedicated to ABP for Chrome where you can read further details about it.
forum/viewforum.php?f=10
Michael

Post by Michael »

I believe that Adblock Plus for Chrome is currently unable to block video adverts.
Adblock Plus Fan

Post by Adblock Plus Fan »

Moved topic to Chrome forum.
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

Michael wrote:I believe that Adblock Plus for Chrome is currently unable to block video adverts.
Indeed, no Chrome extension can affect requests made by plugin content; the only reason Gundlach's and Palant's extensions can block some ads in YouTube videos is that the ad parameters are embedded in the URL or the flashvars, something on the larger page that the extension can actually modify, but most streaming video doesn't make it this easy.