New Flash ads for Comedy Central

Posting here is no longer possible, please use the forum of a filter list project, such as EasyList
Comedy Central Video Player Ads Filter

New Flash ads for Comedy Central

Post by Comedy Central Video Player Ads Filter »

http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episod ... uary-jones
Apparently they have a new flash player that allows 3 min ads, can someone make a new filter? Thanks.
LorenzoC

Re: New Flash ads for Comedy Central

Post by LorenzoC »

I tried twice but I don't see any ads.

Look in the "blocakble items" ABP panel.
In mine see these items blocked:
||ad.doubleclick.net^
||b.scorecardresearch.com^
||edge.quantserve.com^
||flash.quantserve.com^
||pixel.quantserve.com^

*** Reccomended if you want to avoid false positives ***

Which are actually blocked by my own "generic" filters:
*.doubleclick.*
*.scorecardresearch.*
*.quantserve.*

*** Use these in your custom filters, be advised the more "generic" a rule is, the more false positives it can generate.
Avoid this kind of "generic" rules if you have got a subscription due to redundancy ***
Ares2

Post by Ares2 »

Seems like there are commercial breaks, but you can simply skip using the time bar (at least that works for me). Blocking them isn't really possible as far as I can see.*

*Strictly speaking, you could block the ads in this specific video, but every new video would require its own rules which is far more work than simply skipping the ads imo.
elocrian

Post by elocrian »

Ares,

You were able to ff the time bar? This did not work for me. Nothing to drag and clicking ahead in the time bar did nothing... Am I missing something? It wouldn't be so bad if the commercials breaks were short like HULU, but 3 1/2 mins is rather annoying!

Thanks!
elocrian

Post by elocrian »

Ares,

I guess I see what you are saying.. when the ad starts to play, a timer appears in the upper right of the player that says "You can return to The Daily Show in 3:26" or whatever time period.... when the timer countdown expires, if the commercials are still playing you can skip ahead then...

Is that your experience, or were you able to skip all of the commercial utilizing the time bar?
elocrian

Post by elocrian »

for anyone still interested... I discovered a work-around:

When the commercial block starts, if you refresh/reload the page, you can then skip the commercial entirely using the timebar. Of course, you have to do this with each commercial block. A small hassle, but still faster than sitting through 3 mins of commercials! 8)
anon

Post by anon »

elocrian wrote:for anyone still interested... I discovered a work-around:

When the commercial block starts, if you refresh/reload the page, you can then skip the commercial entirely using the timebar. Of course, you have to do this with each commercial block. A small hassle, but still faster than sitting through 3 mins of commercials! 8)
Awesome tip, tyvm!