Adding subsciption policies to lists of filter subscription

Discussion on adblockplus.org website and translations
maybee

Adding subsciption policies to lists of filter subscription

Post by maybee »

I noticed EasyList and EasyPrivacy Subscription Policies were written on Mar 2, 2011. I also wrote already 'filter subscription maintenance policy' for Corset which covers Korean sites on 2011-02-01.

I think it is important to display subscription policy for users and owners of sites : forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6881#p42985

feedback system
I think its purpose "changing the whole Internet" means each site changes their Advertising Policies. So the message of Adblock Plus Project should be sent to them by blocking or allowing ads as a feedback. by displaying subscription policies directly it can be done as well.
  • direct message for users and sites : flter maintanience policy or blocking/allowing ads guidline written by developer and filter maintainers → help sites maintain or change their advertising policy → annoying ads on the whole internet will be decreased.
  • indirect message for users and sites
    • blocking ads(negative feedback) → advertising industry(low frofit from ads and changing adverting policy → annoying ads on the whole internet will be decreased.
    • allowing ads(positive feedback) → advertising industry(high or modest profit from ads → maintaining the advertisng policy → good, useful ads on the whole internet will be increased.
the result of blocking/allowing ads reflects users' message or need. by reviewing the result we can take a decision about good or bad ads or desirable advertising ways. the written policy plays a role as a direct message like loadmap on adblockplus.org. filter maintainer and users and the persons related sites providing content with ads need to know the standard.
I offer you Add policy entry to each filter subscription on the filter subscriptions page.

e.g. EasyList
by Michael, Ares2, Erunno, Khrin, MonztA
Homepage, Forum, Changelog, Policy
Last edited by maybee on Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:24 am, edited 7 times in total.
Michael

Re: Adding subsciption policies to lists of filter subscription

Post by Michael »

I agree that this information would be helpful as a point of reference in SubscriptionList.
maybee

Post by maybee »

@Michael
It is worth writting subscription policies for the long haul. it's a good job :)
Michael

Post by Michael »

Thanks maybee. Personally, I think that subscription policies tend to be necessary when multiple authors maintain a subscription, as they provide an easy reference for experienced authors and a simple introduction for new authors.
Wladimir Palant

Post by Wladimir Palant »