interference while typing yahoo email address

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
jim555

interference while typing yahoo email address

Post by jim555 »

when i make a new email, i try to type the address to send to, but when adblock is on i cannot. one letter appears, then nothing. if i hold down the key then a whole row of letters appears. the problem is not my keyboard or computer.

i have wireless keyboard and mouse, vista; but i don't think that's a problem. the ads get blocked nice, but so does my keyboard?? i am only seeing this on my yahoo email page in the "send to" box. i don't use other email services so i don't know about those.
Wladimir Palant

Re: interference while typing yahoo email address

Post by Wladimir Palant »

I just tried but it seems to be working for me. Are you using the new Yahoo Mail or Yahoo Mail Classic?

Which filter subscriptions are checked in Adblock Plus options? Do you also have custom filters? Which Google Chrome version is that?

Just to be absolutely certain, did you verify that the issue disappears if Adblock Plus is disabled? What if all extensions but Adblock Plus are disabled - do you still see the issue then?
jim555

Post by jim555 »

chrome version 9.0.597.107, yahoo classic mail, filters are EasyList by Michael and Recommended filters for Google Chrome
Wladimir Palant

Now I see it, thanks.
Wladimir Palant

Confirmed that this is Chrome issue 68705 once again. This seems promising, analyzing Yahoo Mail is easier than analyzing Gmail, maybe we will finally figure out what is going on.
Wladimir Palant

The good news is: Chrome 11 is slightly less broken. The bad news: even now that I reduced the problem I cannot find a good work-around for Adblock Plus until Google fixes the issue. Which means that we have to go with the problematic work-around we currently use for Gmail. I've added it now: https://hg.adblockplus.org/adblockplusc ... c1d7d5739d (a development build with that change will be available in 15 minutes). However, changing EasyList will be required as well, it currently has one style-based rule for Yahoo Mail. Reported the EasyList issue: http://forums.lanik.us/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=8142
jim555

Post by jim555 »

thank you for your replies, appreciated.
jim555

Post by jim555 »

by the way, i read that regular adblock (not plus) may not have this problem.
Wladimir Palant

I'm pretty certain it does. Anyway, Adblock Plus 1.1.1 shouldn't hit the problem any more.