integrate the functions of Flashblock?

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
m

integrate the functions of Flashblock?

Post by m »

I think you should integrate this feature, it's really useful for users of both the two extension, and to obtain the best program performance.

Especially consider to the flash block function of ADP is very poor under the Chrome.

Best wish.
Tom Seiber

Re: integrate the functions of Flashblock?

Post by Tom Seiber »

And please integrate a popup blocker.
Better PopUp Blocker needs an update.
m

Post by m »

Popup blocker of chrome is fine for me.

To integrate the functions of FlashBlock, the ADP has natural advantage.

The only problem is political that the author of FlashBlock would be enraged, ADP with FlashBlock will ruin the FlashBlock project.
Till
ABP CEO

Post by Till »

I don't really see the point in adding this functionality if FlashBlock does a good job already. This would require a lot of development time that is better spent on other issues.
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

Chrome has had FlashBlock-style functionality built in since version 6, called "click-to-play"; since version 8 it has been available via about:flags (as opposed to manually entering a command-line argument into a shortcut), and I hope that by version 12 it will be available by default. Once you have enabled click-to-play, go here and choose "Click to play" under Plug-ins: chrome://settings/content
m

Post by m »

Till,
One extension is better than two, two need iterate twice.

lewisje,
It doesn't support a white list, many user usually use a few of flash-based websites.
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

m wrote:lewisje,
It doesn't support a white list, many user usually use a few of flash-based websites.
It does: chrome://settings/contentExceptions
Also you'll be able to click the little puzzle piece in the address bar and choose the option "always allow" and then you won't need to click-to-play on that site anymore; it's really better than Flashblock in every way.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
m

Post by m »

lewisje wrote:
m wrote:lewisje,
It does: chrome://settings/contentExceptions
Also you'll be able to click the little puzzle piece in the address bar and choose the option "always allow" and then you won't need to click-to-play on that site anymore; it's really better than Flashblock in every way.
Thank you! you really helped me, bless you! :D
Tarkus

Post by Tarkus »

Wow, that is an awesome tip, thanks! I saw that function in about:flags before, but didn't know what it did. Very cool.