[Done] Add "Filter source" column to blockable items

Various discussions related to Adblock Plus development
Hubird

[Done] Add "Filter source" column to blockable items

Post by Hubird »

I was thinking it would be nice to be able to sort the filters in the blockable items list by weather they were in the My Rules sections or not.
Wladimir Palant

Re: Blockable items sort user filters

Post by Wladimir Palant »

In other words - add "Filter source" as an additional column. Only problem: there can be more than one. Probably show all of them separated by commas? And the tooltip would show it properly if necessary.

Edit: Added to roadmap (unscheduled)
Hubird

Re: Blockable items sort user filters

Post by Hubird »

Wladimir Palant wrote:In other words - add "Filter source" as an additional column.
Yes
Wladimir Palant wrote:Only problem: there can be more than one. Probably show all of them separated by commas?
I would have been happy just to have "Filter source" as an additional column, but if you want to take it further the that's great :)
Wladimir Palant

Re: Add "Filter source" column to blockable items

Renamed and moved to future development forum.
Wladimir Palant

Re: [Roadmap] Add "Filter source" column to blockable items

Scheduled for Adblock Plus 1.4, tentatively.
Hubird

Post by Hubird »

Please see forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7483 for a working example build and code changes used.
Wladimir Palant

Thanks a lot! Pushed: https://hg.adblockplus.org/adblockplus/rev/d8618d5dcd31 (minus en-GB translation, I prefer to leave that to the translator)
Also a few minor corrections: https://hg.adblockplus.org/adblockplus/rev/162cf2a2a2fe

Style-wise you have to know that Adblock Plus mixes two bracket styles - old code uses brackets on the same line (per Mozilla's coding guidelines), in the newer code I gave up on this and use the IMHO more logical "brackets on a separate line". I didn't reformat all the old code but I do it every time I change it. Same goes for variable declarations - old code still uses "var foo" while newer code uses "let foo" exclusively (the latter is safer because block-scoped, the scope of the former declaration is non-obvious and can lead to mistakes). Finally - no tab characters, indentation by two spaces.
Gingerbread Man

Re: [Done] Add "Filter source" column to blockable items

Post by Gingerbread Man »

Thank you! I was looking forward to this.
Hubird

Post by Hubird »

Just noticed the new "Filter source" column lists hiding rules in disabled subscriptions. Do you think this is an issue ?
Wladimir Palant

The tooltip does the same - it is impossible to tell whether the subscription was already disabled when the document loaded so all subscriptions are listed where the rule is found.
Gingerbread Man

What happened to this feature? I could've sworn I've seen it in a release version of Adblock Plus, but now it's gone.

Adblock Plus 1.3.9
Aurora 2011-08-12
Wladimir Palant

It is in the development builds: en/development-builds
Didn't make it into a release build yet because this requires string changes.
Gingerbread Man

I suppose in the grand scheme of Adblock Plus development, 3 and ½ months isn't much, and I come off as impatient. It's back to the development build for me. Thank you.