Google adsense problem?

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
H4CK3R

Google adsense problem?

Post by H4CK3R »

Google adsense are not being loaded correctly in google chrome due to adblockplus.(Page never loads when adblockplus is active).
I know its a very know bug, but i would like to know, when it will get fixed? or is there any way that i can fix it, by adding some exclusions, etc.
It creates problem, i have to disable adblockplus everytime whenever i try to login in my adsense account.
Please reply.
Thanks.
lewisje

Re: Google adsense problem?

Post by lewisje »

Many of our blocking rules deal with advertising domains, so it makes sense that ABP would cause problems when you try to access your AdSense account.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
LisaJ

Post by LisaJ »

Unbelievable! This is my problem!! Last night couldn't get into my adsense account, AND none of my sites had ads on them. I'm disabling this product. No wonder I'm not making any adsense revenue!
Michael

Post by Michael »

LisaJ wrote:...AND none of my sites had ads on them.
What did you expect to happen when you installed an advert blocker?
LisaJ wrote:I'm disabling this product. No wonder I'm not making any adsense revenue!
Your removal of Adblock Plus will not prevent visitors from using the software, thereby avoiding adverts.
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

LisaJ wrote:Unbelievable! This is my problem!! Last night couldn't get into my adsense account, AND none of my sites had ads on them. I'm disabling this product. No wonder I'm not making any adsense revenue!
Your sites will have ads on them for those users who don't block ads, regardless of whether you personally block ads or not.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
SGFC

Post by SGFC »

It's not difficult to add http://www.google.com/adsense* as an exclusion in ad block plus.
This will allow access to your adsense account without issue. Simply click the ABP button on the top right side of your web browser and click disable on this page.

Further more if you're using adsense on your own site. Clicking your own ads will be detected by Google. Which is a violation of adsense ToS (terms of service).
RichardSullivan

Post by RichardSullivan »

As a small website owner whose only income is from my Google Adsense ads, the Villain here is not AdBlock Plus, it's the insanity of major websites adding advertising content that is extremely intrusive to the point that internet surfers are so infuriated to have their computers frozen up that they gladly download AdBlock. This foolish new policy by major websites to auto-run video and block content with animated advertising will not only kill off a lot of small website owners like me due to the masses downloading AdBlock, but will of course damage the big boys as well. Who in their right mind would choose to alienate their visitors?
mapx

Post by mapx »