Having trouble at Gelbooru.com

Posting here is no longer possible, please use the forum of a filter list project, such as EasyList
Steam

Re: Having trouble at Gelbooru.com

Post by Steam »

Alright, I just tried to use gelbooru again and I got the ad again.

I really think this is just a huge bungle on my end so if someone could give me an in-depth, step-by-step guide just to setting up filters, maybe that would solve all of this. Because I'm just going to the window for it and going "update all subscriptions" and that's not doing anything really.
Ares2

Post by Ares2 »

if the site owner makes changes to circumvent ABP, we have to adjust our filters, that's unfortunately the way it is.

I've added some broader rules to EasyList this time, update and try again.
Kireia

Post by Kireia »

Blocking ads on Gelbooru is killing the site. If you want gelbooru to be gone, go right ahead and keep doing that :(
anonymous_

Post by anonymous_ »

if it wasn't 10 forced seconds that doesn't auto-skip after the time period's over i'm sure less people would block it.

as it is now, it lasts too long, nobody will click those ads anyway no matter if it's 5 seconds or an 5 hours, and it should automatically continue to the search after it times out. the advertisers got their image loads, so there's no reason to linger on that page anymore than that, it only makes people angrier and more prone to block it in the future, which means less money for the site.
nanangrusmanah

Post by nanangrusmanah »

anonymous_ wrote:if it wasn't 10 forced seconds that doesn't auto-skip after the time period's over i'm sure less people would block it.

as it is now, it lasts too long, nobody will click those ads anyway no matter if it's 5 seconds or an 5 hours, and it should automatically continue to the search after it times out. the advertisers got their image loads, so there's no reason to linger on that page anymore than that, it only makes people angrier and more prone to block it in the future, which means less money for the site.