Having trouble at Gelbooru.com

Discussion on how to block ads on a certain site, why your filter doesn't work or how it can be optimized

Re: Having trouble at Gelbooru.com

Postby Steam » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:44 pm

Alright, I just tried to use gelbooru again and I got the ad again.

I really think this is just a huge bungle on my end so if someone could give me an in-depth, step-by-step guide just to setting up filters, maybe that would solve all of this. Because I'm just going to the window for it and going "update all subscriptions" and that's not doing anything really.
Steam

Postby Ares2 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:49 pm

if the site owner makes changes to circumvent ABP, we have to adjust our filters, that's unfortunately the way it is.

I've added some broader rules to EasyList this time, update and try again.
Ares2

Postby Kireia » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:28 am

Blocking ads on Gelbooru is killing the site. If you want gelbooru to be gone, go right ahead and keep doing that :(
Kireia

Postby anonymous_ » Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:38 pm

if it wasn't 10 forced seconds that doesn't auto-skip after the time period's over i'm sure less people would block it.

as it is now, it lasts too long, nobody will click those ads anyway no matter if it's 5 seconds or an 5 hours, and it should automatically continue to the search after it times out. the advertisers got their image loads, so there's no reason to linger on that page anymore than that, it only makes people angrier and more prone to block it in the future, which means less money for the site.
anonymous_

Postby nanangrusmanah » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:48 pm

anonymous_ wrote:if it wasn't 10 forced seconds that doesn't auto-skip after the time period's over i'm sure less people would block it.

as it is now, it lasts too long, nobody will click those ads anyway no matter if it's 5 seconds or an 5 hours, and it should automatically continue to the search after it times out. the advertisers got their image loads, so there's no reason to linger on that page anymore than that, it only makes people angrier and more prone to block it in the future, which means less money for the site.
nanangrusmanah

Previous

Return to Filters for Adblock Plus