Video

Discussion on adblockplus.org website and translations
x

Video

Post by x »

I think the video on homepage is outdated and irrelevant, Firefox has a new UI and a new add-ons manager. Besides it is in low quality (360p).
Someone should make a new one, or you may just remove it.
lewisje

Re: Video

Post by lewisje »

x wrote:I think the video on homepage is outdated and irrelevant, Firefox has a new UI and a new add-ons manager. Besides it is in low quality (360p).
Someone should make a new one, or you may just remove it.
That sounds like a good idea; maybe someone has already made a better introduction video on YouTube...

...now that I watched it again, it's actually a very good introduction; the UI changes don't result in such a massive change with how people would actually install or uninstall the extension, and although the blocking mechanism has improved since then, the basic usage really hasn't changed. Probably the main improvement that could be made is a demonstration of how to use the Chrome extension.
Also, the video quality is good enough for the kind of content being displayed.
Last edited by lewisje on Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
vinny86

Post by vinny86 »

Also it doesn't work with HTTPS everywhere enabled for the domain
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

vinny86 wrote:Also it doesn't work with HTTPS everywhere enabled for the domain
Disable the "Youtube (Partial)" rule in HTTPS Everywhere.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
vinny86

Post by vinny86 »

yup... but just pointing it out :D
Wladimir Palant

Post by Wladimir Palant »

x wrote:Someone should make a new one, or you may just remove it.
That's the problem right now - we don't have anything better to replace it with.
vinny86

Post by vinny86 »

If anyone is willing to do a voice over for the video, contact me ( someone with a neutral english accent or at least can fake one ;) ) maybe we can come up with a good video for chrome and an updated version for the firefox also ? and based on the user string the appropriate video can be displayed ?
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

The user-agent is already used to display the appropriate button (either firefox version, chrome version, or message saying the browser is unsupported).

Also, I have a "General American" accent.
vinny86

Post by vinny86 »

lewisje wrote:The user-agent is already used to display the appropriate button (either firefox version, chrome version, or message saying the browser is unsupported).

Also, I have a "General American" accent.
Cool... my email ID... vineethreddyr(at)gmail(dot)com
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

vinny86 just advised me in a PM that a female General American voice is preferred, and I'm not exactly a master at this yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04ONx9lRJPE

I think I'll post about it on Facebook rather than contacting any individual directly.
Wladimir Palant

Post by Wladimir Palant »

Finding a female who is into Adblock Plus might be hard :)
http://adblockplus.org/blog/adblock-plu ... lts-part-1