Blocking in gMail's "New Look"

Posting here is no longer possible, please use the forum of a filter list project, such as EasyList
Partok

Blocking in gMail's "New Look"

Post by Partok »

Good Morning,

This morning I got into my gMail and noticed that I could not read any of the emails I opened... the content simply wasn't there anymore! :?

So, after disabling all of my FF 8.0 extensions the emails came back. One-by-One I re-enabled my extensions. When I got to AdBlock Plus my text once again went away. I then reverted to the "Old Look" of gMail and the content of emails was gone there too.

To double-check I again disabled Adblock Plus 1.3.10 and restarted FF 8.0 and all my email content is once again visible.

Now, I know what your thinking " He must've created one of those *.* filters in AdBlock Plus" but honestly I have NOT. I wouldn't know how. :roll: I just installed AdBlock Plus years ago and FF has been keeping it up to date for me. (I hope).

So, can anyone tell me what the heck is going on? This is overall my favorite plugin/extension, or whatever it calls itself.

Thanks in advance for any help offered. :) - Rob
Ares2

Re: Blocking in gMail's "New Look"

Post by Ares2 »

To fix the Gmail issue, try updating your filter subscription(s):

In Firefox, you can do that by clicking on the red "ABP" icon -> "Preferences..." -> In the menu: "Filters" -> "Update all subscriptions"

In Chrome go to your extensions ( chrome://extensions/ ) -> Adblock Plus for Chrome -> "Options" -> "Update Now"

If this did not fix the problem, please tell us what filter subscription(s) you are using - all of them if you use more than 1. (common examples: EasyList, Fanboy's List, ...)

BTW: This is not an ABP bug, it's a filter list issue, moved to the corresponding forum section.
Intangible 360

Post by Intangible 360 »

I had this issue as well and when I disabled ABP it corrected it. So I came here and saw Ares2's post and tried updating my filter subscriptions and this corrected the issue. BTW I am using Fanboy's List (English).
Ares2

Post by Ares2 »

Thanks for confirming.
hhsfool

Post by hhsfool »

Thank you!!! I was going crazy trying to figure out why Adblock was killing all my emails.
fanboy

Post by fanboy »

Intangible 360 wrote:I had this issue as well and when I disabled ABP it corrected it. So I came here and saw Ares2's post and tried updating my filter subscriptions and this corrected the issue. BTW I am using Fanboy's List (English).
If you can force an update the subscriptions, let me know if its fixed. (if it doesn't send through a Adblock Plus report)

Thanks
Ares2

Post by Ares2 »

fanboy wrote:If you can force an update the subscriptions, let me know if its fixed.
He already confirmed that it worked after updating your list, see the text you quoted. :wink:
tendingTopic

Post by tendingTopic »

I'm using the Dutch list.
FF 8
Latest AdBlock.
Updated my lists.

=> problem still there.
=> Disabled Dutch list (updated today)
=> Problem gone
=> Enable Dutch list
=> gmail email body disapears.
(new and old interface)
Ares2

Post by Ares2 »

If you mean dutchblock ( http://dutchmega.nl/dutchblock/list.txt ) then you should seriously consider removing that list, it hasn't been updated for more than 4 months now and it contains slow and problematic filter rules.

I can recommend DutchAdblockList+EasyList, but it's of course your own decision: en/subscriptions
fanboy

Post by fanboy »

Ares2 wrote:
fanboy wrote:If you can force an update the subscriptions, let me know if its fixed.
He already confirmed that it worked after updating your list, see the text you quoted. :wink:
Oh its too early.. just went into auto-pilot mode.
Ares2

Post by Ares2 »

:)
fanboy wrote:Oh its too early..
Especially considering it's the weekend.
bobbobbob

Post by bobbobbob »

fanboy italian s list is blocking too as of today on firefox last version
fanboy

Post by fanboy »

bobbobbob wrote:fanboy italian s list is blocking too as of today on firefox last version
Force an update.. see if the following helps (if not, issue an adblock plus report please)

http://hg.fanboy.co.nz/rev/1f3015b3e23d
mat

Post by mat »

Thanks! It works! :)
stormclouds

Post by stormclouds »

Fanboy's list is also blocking messages in gmail's old look. Updating the filters did work in the old look too. Posting just in case people think updating filters only works in the new look.