[Fixed] css code dumped on page

Posting here is no longer possible, please use the corresponding product forum.
alok0

[Fixed] css code dumped on page

Post by alok0 »

I some times get pages with the css source just dumped into the beginning of the page, kinda like this: Image

It notmally goes away after the page gets reloaded, so if I turn on the developer console it goes away and I can't see what happened. It is slightly sporadic and hard to replicate.

I'm using chrome 17.0.932.0 (Official Build 108826) dev-m
adblock 1.1.4
easylist, and recommended for google chrome
Wladimir Palant

Re: css code dumped on page

Post by Wladimir Palant »

There was a forum topic on this already but I cannot find it. I haven't seen this but I consider it a Chrome bug - what we insert is a style tag and it should never be visible.
emmortal

Re: [CantFix] css code dumped on page

Post by emmortal »

I have this same issue in Chrome 16-17, it has been happening for quite awhile now. This happens in the release version of AB+ and the experimental one. However this does not happen with that other guys adblock for chrome, but that one does not work as good, I'd rather not even bother with it and just use Chrome 15 with AB+.
Wladimir Palant

Adblock for Chrome does exactly the same thing as us. Only difference that I can see - they set the type attribute on the <style> element. Done that now as well: https://hg.adblockplus.org/adblockplusc ... 096192bffb. If anybody could try the next development build (will be available in 10 minutes) and check whether that changed anything this would be great (I never see this issue myself).
Zlip792

Post by Zlip792 »

I am not having this issue anymore. Thanks a lot Palant.
I'm from Pakistan but not spammer, I like to help ABP community and this great piece of software as much as I can.
emmortal

Post by emmortal »

Wladimir Palant wrote:Adblock for Chrome does exactly the same thing as us. Only difference that I can see - they set the type attribute on the <style> element. Done that now as well: https://hg.adblockplus.org/adblockplusc ... 096192bffb. If anybody could try the next development build (will be available in 10 minutes) and check whether that changed anything this would be great (I never see this issue myself).
Still happening here with beta and experimental build. I have disabled all extensions except ab+ and still happens, I also did a clean install of chromium 17.0.947.0.
Wladimir Palant

This has been fixed now thanks to the suggestion here: forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8789 (should work correctly starting with Adblock Plus 1.1.4.725).
Mischif

Re: [Fixed] css code dumped on page

Post by Mischif »

For future consideration, it would be more than a tiny bit helpful if the method of how AB+ works was added to the Chrome Store page so some people won't spend the better part of the day in panic mode because they thought their website got hacked. Y'know, cause some people freak out easily.
Wladimir Palant

Re: [Fixed] css code dumped on page

See above, this method will no longer be used in the next release. There will be only a minimal change of the page's DOM.