[Fixed] Make reenabling of all filters simpler

Posting here is no longer possible, please use the corresponding product forum.
nitrox

[Fixed] Make reenabling of all filters simpler

Post by nitrox »

One thing as a list maintainer that i find tedious is enabling back all the disabled filters from couple of lists. Whenever we get a false positive requests we check for the culprit by disabling a filter at a time. After we have done that, enabling them back is a pain. It won't be a pain for doing one or two FP requests but can be a great pain when doing batches of FPs.
It would be nice if you could add a option to enable all disabled filters.

Another option I would like to be added is to be able to copy URLs from Diagnostics for Adblock Plus tool.
Other day there was a report for false positives on http://www.betfair.com/
While i was going through, i noticed the URLs that are from mp.apmebf.com disappears after the page load completes. I was able to see all the URLs in ABP Diagnostics tool but it won't let me copy the URLs. We do keep a record of sample URLs which we block or whitelist and also when me and Hubird we discussing about this false positive, we found not being able to copy URLs as a hurdle since we were trying to narrow down on URLs that needs to be whitelisted on a regional site.

Both these features are of little use or no use for users but can be of great use for list maintainers.
Fanboy list Co-Maintainer

Fanboy Adblock List's

Fanboy List Forum
Marijo

Re: Couple of Feature Requests

Post by Marijo »

nitrox wrote:One thing as a list maintainer that i find tedious is enabling back all the disabled filters from couple of lists. Whenever we get a false positive requests we check for the culprit by disabling a filter at a time. After we have done that, enabling them back is a pain. It won't be a pain for doing one or two FP requests but can be a great pain when doing batches of FPs.
It would be nice if you could add a option to enable all disabled filters.
+1. :D
I'd be happy if at least the "Enabled" checkbox (under "Preferences") would turn grey or something if one or more filters in a list are not enabled. Currently there's no indicator that parts of a list are actually disabled.
Hubird

Post by Hubird »

Marijo wrote:I'd be happy if at least the "Enabled" checkbox (under "Preferences") would turn grey or something if one or more filters in a list are not enabled.
See

forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4979
Marijo

Post by Marijo »

Argh! I remember reading that thread quite a while ago... Sorry!
Hubird

Post by Hubird »

Hopefully with the UI revamp :D
Wladimir Palant

Post by Wladimir Palant »

Diagnostics has been changed: https://hg.adblockplus.org/abpwatcher/rev/8a775d201009 (this change is already in the development builds).

I will change the title of this topic to reflect the first feature request - I prefer my bug reports with meaningful titles and with one report per topic.
nitrox

Post by nitrox »

Wladimir Palant wrote:Diagnostics has been changed: https://hg.adblockplus.org/abpwatcher/rev/8a775d201009 (this change is already in the development builds).
Installed Dev build and it works perfectly, Thank you
Wladimir Palant wrote: I will change the title of this topic to reflect the first feature request - I prefer my bug reports with meaningful titles and with one report per topic.
Noted, will do the future bug reports one per topic.
Fanboy list Co-Maintainer

Fanboy Adblock List's

Fanboy List Forum
Marijo

Re: [Fixed] Make reenabling of all filters simpler

Post by Marijo »

No more searching for the needle in the haystack!
Thanks a lot, Wladimir! :-)

By the way, how are subscription changes - during an update - merged when you have disabled filters?
Wladimir Palant

Re: [Fixed] Make reenabling of all filters simpler

Post by Wladimir Palant »

If a filter is disabled it stays disabled no matter where you put it. So a subscription update that merely moves filters around has no impact on disabled filters. However, if a filter is changed (e.g. options added/removed, an extra * at the end and such) - as far as Adblock Plus is concerned it is a different filter and it is enabled by default.