[Done] Redesigning preferences dialog

Various discussions related to Adblock Plus development
Marijo

Re: [Done] Redesigning preferences dialog

Post by Marijo »

vinny86 wrote:Also in the release announcement of the beta you have said searching is not possible, but ctrl + F works fine.
Wladimir added search functionality after the announcement.
vinny86

Post by vinny86 »

Cool. got it. didn't read the changelog properly
..s

Post by ..s »

this looks really bad.

hermawanadhis

Post by hermawanadhis »

Hello,

i notice a new interface has been done and it's so nice. I have an idea, why don't the text colour of disable subcription ("Last download: xx/xx/xxx xx:xx (Success)") gray too? So it's much easier to know which one disabled. And maybe enable filter places first places (sort alfabetical), it's may look like about:addons at firefox.

Thanks
Hubird

Post by Hubird »

Small gripe, not sure what should be done about it...

When all groups have been removed from the custom filters tab the whole section is blue when click selected. Perhaps when it is empty it should not be possible to select it ??
Hubird

Post by Hubird »

Wladimir Palant wrote:
Hubird wrote:Also I was not able to use Ctrl + V to paste a filter into the custom filter section.
For me it works. Is your list sorted maybe? Then it would be pasted into a location you might not expect.
Ignore the paste thing, wasn't looking in the correct place.
Wladimir Palant

Post by Wladimir Palant »

vinny86 wrote:When i want to edit a custom adblocking rule (not a element hiding or whitelisting) from the Blockable items window,
the filter preferences window opens up but the concerned rule doesn't get selected instead the whitelisting section does which is at the top.
Yes, I can reproduce this, will look into it.
..s wrote:this looks really bad.
You are apparently using a non-default Firefox theme. That's a standard <xul:splitter> element in a (quite as standard) <xul:dialog>, it shouldn't have a different background. Please notify the author of your theme or tell me which theme it is so that I can write him.
hermawanadhis wrote:i notice a new interface has been done and it's so nice. I have an idea, why don't the text colour of disable subcription ("Last download: xx/xx/xxx xx:xx (Success)") gray too? So it's much easier to know which one disabled.
Done: https://hg.adblockplus.org/adblockplus/rev/5811a4b16303
hermawanadhis wrote:And maybe enable filter places first places (sort alfabetical), it's may look like about:addons at firefox.
You can sort by the "Enabled" column, simply click it.
Hubird wrote:When all groups have been removed from the custom filters tab the whole section is blue when click selected. Perhaps when it is empty it should not be possible to select it ??
Yes, it's ugly, I know. I looked into improving this a while ago but didn't find any good solution, will check again later.
...s

Post by ...s »

Wladimir Palant wrote:
..s wrote:this looks really bad.
You are apparently using a non-default Firefox theme. That's a standard <xul:splitter> element in a (quite as standard) <xul:dialog>, it shouldn't have a different background. Please notify the author of your theme or tell me which theme it is so that I can write him.
I'm using this theme.
https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/australis
Deo Domuique

Post by Deo Domuique »

Wladimir, is there possibility the boxes to be in the same line? It bugs me a little bit... Although, I don't spend hours looking on that spot, but still... :)

Generally, I really like the new UI and I'm pretty sure you will make it as much functional as it could be.
Wladimir Palant

@...s: Thank you, I sent him a mail.

@Deo Domuique: Unfortunately, I don't think that vertically aligning the filters list and the tab box is possible. I might try some tricks to make this look better but right now it isn't my top priority.
Wladimir Palant

@...s: Already got a response from the theme developer, he promised to fix this in the next update.
hermawanadhis

Post by hermawanadhis »

Wladimir Palant wrote:
hermawanadhis wrote:And maybe enable filter places first places (sort alfabetical), it's may look like about:addons at firefox.
It's not like what i mean (not the filter), it may short filter sucription (left tab) by enabled like about:addons at firefox.

I found something, if we "Edit filter in effect...." it's not selecting the filter anymore but select the top filter.
Hubird

Post by Hubird »

hermawanadhis wrote:
Wladimir Palant wrote:
It's not like what i mean (not the filter), it may short filter sucription (left tab) by enabled like about:addons at firefox.

I found something, if we "Edit filter in effect...." it's not selecting the filter anymore but select the top filter.
I noticed the same thing

See forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8896