Version 2 for chrome

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
Sean D

Version 2 for chrome

Post by Sean D »

Any word on when version 2 for chrome with the “Allow non-intrusive advertising” feature will be available? I'm looking forward to trying it.
Wladimir Palant

Re: Version 2 for chrome

Post by Wladimir Palant »

It will take some time. First we plan to release version 1.2 (corresponds to the current development builds, release delayed http://crbug.com/103018) and port the user interface from Adblock Plus/Firefox to Chrome.

Post by Guest »

Hy!

Google Chrome 16.0.912.63 final!

Then comes the final two adblock plus right?
vinny86

Post by vinny86 »

No, Just 1.2

Post by Guest »

When is the 1.2 final?beta for quite some time now......
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

My guess is February 2012 (hopefully by Valentine's Day~ :wink: ), shortly after the late-January arrival of Chrome 17, with its stable WebRequest API.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.

Post by Guest »

I think this year will be the final 1.2
Wladimir Palant

Adblock Plus 1.2 should be released next week (I already notified Google that we will release despite http://crbug.com/103018) - but it will still be marked as "Beta". We will only mark it as "stable" once Chrome 17 is released and we can use webRequest API.
Hungry Man

Post by Hungry Man »

I hope this isn't too off topic but I am 100% behind this move and I will not be opting-out.

I do hope that at some point there is a way to enable DNT as well as proper ads. Do you think this will ever be possible?
Wladimir Palant

An update: Unfortunately, Adblock Plus 1.2 will have to wait until beginning of January. Too busy with the Adblock Plus 2.0.2 for Firefox and I don't want to release Adblock Plus 1.2 for Chrome a day before going on vacation.

Post by Guest »

Wladimir Palant wrote:An update: Unfortunately, Adblock Plus 1.2 will have to wait until beginning of January. Too busy with the Adblock Plus 2.0.2 for Firefox and I don't want to release Adblock Plus 1.2 for Chrome a day before going on vacation.

Adblock Plus 1.2 January.....?????
sdtbluethink

Post by sdtbluethink »

I think it would be great if Adblock 1.2 will be released with Google Chrome 17 (with new APIs).
Wladimir Palant

The release candidate for Adblock Plus 1.2 is out: http://adblockplus.org/development-buil ... -available

Please test, I plan to release it tomorrow.
mapx

Post by mapx »

I dont understand: its experimental or not ?

"The current development build (Adblock Plus 1.1.4.757 for Google Chrome, the non-experimental version) is a release candidate for Adblock Plus 1.2.

The bigger (and older) changes in this version:

Better blocking thanks to webRequest API (only in Chrome 17 or with the experimental builds)."
Wladimir Palant

The non-experimental version is the one that's going to be released (uploading an extension using experimental API to Webstore isn't possible). But it can use webRequest API on Chrome 17.

We will have two development builds (experimental and non-experimental variant) around a little longer - until Chrome 17 is released.